2004 - 2008 F-150

My Headrest Monitors - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Headrest Monitors - Installed

I decided to buy some headrest monitors for my truck, after researching several monitors, I did decide to go with a cheaper monitor. I bought Farenheits because I read many many good reviews about them. I found them on eBay for $105 each, $130 shipped so my total cost for the pair was $260. Here is pictures of the install, it only took me about an hour total to install them.

I don't have any video sources hooked up yet, that should arrive tomorrow with my a/v switch arriving either tomorrow or Monday.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Install looks pretty good, are they replacement headrest or just the screens for 130? You do install?

Slight buldge on top left but still looks nice!
Gotta post pics of them in action!

Old 07-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Schweeeeet! That looks totaly awsome, are you plannin on taking your truck to car shows or just doin it for the props?

Old 07-13-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by nuclearthreat54
Schweeeeet! That looks totaly awsome, are you plannin on taking your truck to car shows or just doin it for the props?
Doing it for my three little girls. Our long car rides tend to be better with video to keep them quiet. Prior to this, we had the dvd system that one of them would have to sit and hold the whole trip and it was a pain and had a bunch of cords for headphones and power. This way it will all be installed, dvd player in the glove box, a/v switch under the seat so I can hook the xbox up to it with a power inverter. Possibilities are endless, I will eventually put a Pioneer Z1 in my dash and have the three monitors total.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by caimakale
Doing it for my three little girls. Our long car rides tend to be better with video to keep them quiet. Prior to this, we had the dvd system that one of them would have to sit and hold the whole trip and it was a pain and had a bunch of cords for headphones and power. This way it will all be installed, dvd player in the glove box, a/v switch under the seat so I can hook the xbox up to it with a power inverter. Possibilities are endless, I will eventually put a Pioneer Z1 in my dash and have the three monitors total.
Your a good parent, I salute thee

Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by TeckBargins
Install looks pretty good, are they replacement headrest or just the screens for 130? You do install?

Slight buldge on top left but still looks nice!
Gotta post pics of them in action!
I know, the piece that is bulging is actually supposed to be on the outside of the seat, but the best way to mount them was to put it under the leather and then when you push the monitor in it, it holds everything tighter/better. Those things are freakin stuck in there, I tried to take them out to do some fixing to it, and hell no, they are now stuck. Maybe another day I will fix it, but for the time being, they aren't too bad.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice, need more guys like you to treat their kids like the kings and queens they are. Can't wait to spoil mine rotten.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know, the piece that is bulging is actually supposed to be on the outside of the seat, but the best way to mount them was to put it under the leather and then when you push the monitor in it, it holds everything tighter/better. Those things are freakin stuck in there, I tried to take them out to do some fixing to it, and hell no, they are now stuck. Maybe another day I will fix it, but for the time being, they aren't too bad.
So it sounds like you installed them in your existing headrests, right? If so, how exactly did you do it?

Old 07-13-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
Very nice, need more guys like you to treat their kids like the kings and queens they are. Can't wait to spoil mine rotten.
No doubt! especially my daughter(s)!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:03 PM
niiiiiiiiice

Old 07-13-2006, 11:29 PM

Install looks nice. Where are you going to put your xbox? I thought about putting one in mine.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:36 PM
I have the Eclipse AVN5500 up front and the factory oem dvd entertainment system hooked up together in my king ranch...Im installing my two JL 10w3v2's in the box and running my xbox360 to the monitors...I will get pics soon. It looks awesome so far! I wanna put monitors in the headrests, but they dont sell replacement headrests with screens for the king ranch...which sucks, and Im not so sure about cutting into the headrest and messing up the leather. Anyone have any suggestions? By the way nice install...looks badass!

Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by bamorris2
So it sounds like you installed them in your existing headrests, right? If so, how exactly did you do it?
I did install them in my existing headrests and here are the instructions I followed to do it. I was nervous as hell cutting into my leather, but said screw it and did it anyways.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...TID=75046&PN=1

Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by countyboy04
Install looks nice. Where are you going to put your xbox? I thought about putting one in mine.
xbox will stay in my house except for road trips. On road trips it can sit on the floor in the back. My girls are little (3, 5, & 8) so their feet don't touch the floor yet.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
Damn straight. They are my little princesses and I make sure they know it. I take them to Disneyland several times a year and just spoil them rotten, they will only be young once. We usually fly to Disneyland because I haven't wanted to drive for 12+ hours, but this will make a road trip there a little more bearable.

Quick Reply: My Headrest Monitors - Installed