2004 - 2008 F-150

Grinding noise in front end...FIXED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grinding noise in front end...FIXED!!!

Just wanted to let anyone else out there with this problem know, that the dealership has finally fixed my front end grinding noise problem. I brought it in a few weeks ago for this intermittent grinding noise, after three atempts of bringing it in, and letting them road test, they still didn't hear the noise and were telling me that there was nothing they could do until they heard it, and they had checked all TSB's and tried the tech hotline. Not happy with that answer, I did some research on this forum, and found that this grinding noise was actually quite common for a bunch of people. Apparently the problem pertained to the front hubs, IWE solenoid, and 4x4 actuator. So I printed out all of these posts from the forums and gave it to the service manager of the dealership. Now there was no way that he could ignore the problem... All said and done, he replaced all of the parts and I have my truck back, with no problems! So those of you out there with this problem, be persistent with the dealership, and hopefully you will see some results.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am having the same problem but I am out of warranty & hate to buy parts that aren't needed. Do you know what was really wrong or did they just throw a bunch of parts at it to try to fix it?

Quick Reply: Grinding noise in front end...FIXED!!!