2004 - 2008 F-150

Going... UNDERCOVER!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going... UNDERCOVER!

Man am I excited. I am getting my Undercover installed along with a tailgate seal tomorrow afternoon. I will be leaving it unpainted as I think it will match the simple appearance of my truck really well that way. I chose the undercover based on the rave reviews that I have seen around here. I hope I like mine as much as you all like yours.

Thanks for costing me $1050CAN + tax. You guys can be a blessing and a curse.

Pictures to follow.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:23 PM
Nice choice, you'll be happy with it.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey! I just bought my Undercover yesterday!! I actually brought it home and installed it myself in less than an hour. Guys at the truck shop told me I'd have issues carrying it in my truck bed and during the install. No problems at all. Very easy install. Sweet cover!! Enjoy yours!!

Old 05-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Its a good cover, I had mine for 6 months now and I love it. Im 260 lbs and I stand on it all the time to clean my roof of the truck. It also cleans up nice with soap and water.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, im a pretty uh, substantial guy. I dont think I would want to stand on it. But the strength of the cover is one of the major selling points for me.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by candrusiak
Yeah, im a pretty uh, substantial guy. I dont think I would want to stand on it. But the strength of the cover is one of the major selling points for me.
I do it all the time and its not a problem. I wouldnt jump up and down. I talked to the people at Undercover and the said the have workers there that park there quads on them. They asured me it would hold my weight.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:57 PM
SnowmaNick
Originally Posted by candrusiak
Congrats on the cover, love mine. As for the weight capabilities, I weigh 260ish and my fiance and I watched a race from some deck chairs with a filled cooler from the top of ours. Awesome product.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:24 PM
and the undercover customer service is the best there is.
bought mine last month and drove from new orleans to jersey, from jersey to maine then back to new orleans, dry, lockable storage. plus it doesent look as goofy as some of the other brands with the hump in the center. undercover is flat and lines up even with the bed rail moldings. you will love it

Old 05-24-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SnowmaNick
Congrats on the cover, love mine. As for the weight capabilities, I weigh 260ish and my fiance and I watched a race from some deck chairs with a filled cooler from the top of ours. Awesome product.
Yeah I liked the undercover on Nick's 150, I think it'd be nice to throw some chairs on a lifted truck and fish off. Going fishing right now in fact, nice choice Nick.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:53 PM
SnowmaNick
Originally Posted by Josiah
Yeah I liked the undercover on Nick's 150, I think it'd be nice to throw some chairs on a lifted truck and fish off. Going fishing right now in fact, nice choice Nick.
Thank you Sir, and may you catch many fish.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Well then, my dealer got me in early this afternoon and let me tell you, this thing is awesome. I love the black appearance, makes the rest of the black trim on this truck look much nicer. It appears to be very well constructed and my installer did an excellent job, I would also say that the tailgate seal is a must have.

I also had nice heavy rubber mud flaps with stainless trim and a Ford script installed while they did the undercover. I now feel like my truck is "finished" at least until I see the next must-have accessory.

Thanks to all of you guys for input, its a lot easier to drop money on stuff like this after getting opinions from all of you.

I will post pictures once I have a chance to clean my truck up a little.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Here come the photos, please forgive the dust and dirt, its been rainy here and I work in a dusty area. Full-size in my gallery.

Nice and clean looking.

An emblem I dont mind showing off.

Drivers side, looks right.

Passenger side, looks good also.

Old 05-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Just a few more for you all to see.

Looking good!

Mudflaps, an impulse buy but looking good anyway.

Check out the overspray from applying tire dressing.

Its the hockey playoffs, can you guess who my team is?

Besides, how better to support my team than by flying a flag on my head-turner truck?

Last edited by candrusiak; 05-24-2006 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SnowmaNick
Thank you Sir, and may you catch many fish.
We're possibly the worst fishermen to walk the planet, we never catch anything and that didn't change today. We go out there to talk more than anything, if we catch something it's a bonus.

Old 05-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
We're possibly the worst fishermen to walk the planet, we never catch anything and that didn't change today. We go out there to talk more than anything, if we catch something it's a bonus.

Thats why its called fishing and not catching

BREW

Quick Reply: Going... UNDERCOVER!