2004 - 2008 F-150

Thank You Fabtech ;)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank You Fabtech ;)

Just got off the phone when the Tech Manager @ Fabtech Motorsports. Very nice guy, his name was Armen. Definitely give him a call if you have problems with their product that the other service reps are blowing you off for. I had to email them to get where I wanted and he responded, after hearing my entire dillemma. He responded twice (once early in the week) and another time later in the week when he never received my call. That is customer service. The service reps you first call are sometimes very rude so I suggest just emailing them for help.

I bought my 6" Fabtech w/Coilovers from Sportztrailers and they repeatedly lied to me about taking care of the situation. Fabtech never wanted to help until I emailed the Tech Manager. I actually went to Pismo with no Nitrogen in my shock, and uncranked coilovers.

Cut to the chase, Armen said he is doing something he normally wouldn't do (they're just the manufacturer, they don't deal with credit cards, etc). He said he's sending both coilovers and just wants me to put the other coilovers back in the boxes. The reason they are doing this is because the locktite in the top of the coilovers are defective, they do now allow you to crank your coilovers. The collar spins with the shock threads so the only thing that happens is the shock spins right out of the coilover, you lose your nitrogen. They were aware of this problem in a few coilovers so they're taking care of it. Thanks Armen.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now thats customer service EVERYONE should learn from. pismo with uncranked and no nitrogen coilovers.....very brave haha

glad you got everything worked out......no watch that happen to my Pro Comp Coilovers for some reason

Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 PM
SnowmaNick
Good deal. Glad to hear something is going your way.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Sweet man. Sometimes it takes a while to find the right person.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:26 PM
I wonder what Josiah will mess up next.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
glad you finally got it taken care of..

Old 05-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Defective Loctite??????? The Loctite did exactly what it was meant to do. Lock the thread to the mating component. Now why the engineers at Fabtech decide to use Loctite on that component... that’s the question I would be asking. Oh well, it’s fixed now and that is the important thing.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
Defective Loctite??????? The Loctite did exactly what it was meant to do. Lock the thread to the mating component. Now why the engineers at Fabtech decide to use Loctite on that component... that’s the question I would be asking. Oh well, it’s fixed now and that is the important thing.
Defective locktite or not enough locktite (someone on this board said they used a defective compound on some shocks). Regardless, fabtech is aware of the problem and made that clear when we spoke. I'm talking about the top of the actual nitrogen shock within the coilover. The top of the shock has threads that extend about half way down the body, those threads are how you crank the coilover and how the shock is attached to the coilover. The shock spins right out of the body. But yes, that is the important thing, I'm just making this clear for future reference if someone has the problem, not to bust your chops

And silver, that was a nice try at taking a shot at me, but this one was not my fault. The grenaded pulley was however, flame me for that and the people I could have killed.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Should have went with Procomp!

Old 05-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by jvernacchio
Should have went with Procomp!
Man Josiah, you just can't get a break.

Oh well I'm sitting in a hotel room in South Carolina (bored) so I thought I would jump on and throw my two cents in. Looking forward to your next off road vids. see ya.

Old 05-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Suspended
Glad to hear about companies taking care of people.

Not to throw a lame plug, but Ground Force did an amazing job taking care of me too... Keven German is the guy to talk to you over there.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:16 AM

Alright, well fabtech sent me the entire box that has the coilovers in it (along with the blocks, front tracbars, other lift components, etc). They sent me scratched up coilovers once again, I'm sure these are returns by the looks of it (the coilovers are scratched where it's very viewable) and half the top of the coilover was hanging out of the box. I think this is pretty unnacceptable but I should probably be reluctant anyone was able to help. When I say scratched I mean grinded, this is the second time, at least the first set was grinded on spots not so easily viewable. What would you do in this situation.

Edit: Just took a look at the nitrogen nipple, thats chipped (the entire threads are chipped away) and the nozzle is dented in, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to fill these up as is. I need to get some pics, give me a minute. I am definitely not keeping them now, I wonder if the Tech Manager knew (contacting him now).

Last edited by Josiah; 05-27-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:30 AM
jeez josiah as nice as your truck is.....you just get the worst of luck on your parts......if i were you id put a little more attitude towards the tech manager this time.....thats unacceptable. i mean they gacve you good customer service....just not good parts....mabye some attitude in your voice will get you where you should have been....week?....months? ago...

good luck.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by patshea098
jeez josiah as nice as your truck is.....you just get the worst of luck on your parts......if i were you id put a little more attitude towards the tech manager this time.....thats unacceptable. i mean they gacve you good customer service....just not good parts....mabye some attitude in your voice will get you where you should have been....week?....months? ago...

good luck.
I've always believed the way to get what you want, is to treat others the way you want to be treated. Seems not to be the case in the customer service business. These coilovers came in the same shape as the first, except damage in different areas. Here are some pics:

Old 05-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Geez...Fabtech...:shakeshead:

Quick Reply: Thank You Fabtech ;)