2004 - 2008 F-150

Installed Alpine IVA-W200 w/ pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Alpine IVA-W200 w/ pics

Here are some picture of the best double DIN dvd player as far as I am concerned. This decks iPod feature is super awesome! Sound is great. Enough blabbering here are some pictures of how it looks and a side angle to see how flush it sits in my dash.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:06 PM
SnowmaNick
Nice...now I have some thinking to do, thanks.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Now add the H701 processor and you'll have one of the best set-ups out!

Also, you can get it sit a little more flush if you just file down the side brackets a little.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:21 PM
The bottom sits flush to the dash. But the view is angled down a little so the top sticks out a little bit. I can still put it in farther without filing anything. The H701 processor make the whole sound better or just when listening to the radio? by the way I LOVE THIS DECK! Kenwood decks SUCK!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Nice looking HU and more user friendly ipod I agree but I think there are MANY members that would disagree with you when you say "Kenwood Sucks." Just because you did not like the ipod set up with the one you had why do you need to be pissy about. You start throwing the whole Kenwood sucks stuff out there you are just looking to get one of the typical b**ch sessions going about this brand is better then that brand.
Enjoy your new high speed HU and relax dude jeez.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:52 PM
I am not trying to start anything. I just was very unhappy with the Kenwood sound in general. The functions were easy to navigate but the sound was horrible. Just my opinion bro, no need to get angry.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
No its all good dude, I know you were not happy with your KW from a previous thread but you made it sound like you bought a Audiovox HU or something. I actually bought a KW because allot of members had one and liked them and I thought it was pretty trick since I never had a touch screen setup before.
I will say that the Alpine would be a good choice if I did not already have my current one because the ipod feature is a bit more friendly but Im not ready to pull out the KW becasue it was not cheap. I have my ipod stashed in the armrest and have enough slack to pull it out if i want to fart around with it.
As I stated the Alpine is sweet and good that you dig it but do Kenwood systems really "suck" overall because you have the Alpine now? I think not dude.
I "like" my Kenwood DD,I love my Kenwood Type Rs that sit in the doors now as well as my Alpine V12 Amp. And I am sure you like your audio components also.
Just be cool man and pump it up

Old 05-22-2006, 07:18 PM
haha Its all gravy!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by AirborneRacer
No its all good dude, I know you were not happy with your KW from a previous thread but you made it sound like you bought a Audiovox HU or something. I actually bought a KW because allot of members had one and liked them and I thought it was pretty trick since I never had a touch screen setup before.
I will say that the Alpine would be a good choice if I did not already have my current one because the ipod feature is a bit more friendly but Im not ready to pull out the KW becasue it was not cheap. I have my ipod stashed in the armrest and have enough slack to pull it out if i want to fart around with it.
As I stated the Alpine is sweet and good that you dig it but do Kenwood systems really "suck" overall because you have the Alpine now? I think not dude.
I "like" my Kenwood DD,I love my Kenwood Type Rs that sit in the doors now as well as my Alpine V12 Amp. And I am sure you like your audio components also.
Just be cool man and pump it up
Kenwood Type R's?

Old 05-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
The bottom sits flush to the dash. But the view is angled down a little so the top sticks out a little bit. I can still put it in farther without filing anything. The H701 processor make the whole sound better or just when listening to the radio? by the way I LOVE THIS DECK! Kenwood decks SUCK!
It you are using the Metra kit...it doesn't sit perfectly flush unless you do a little filing...trust me, I know.

The H701 makes every signal source sound awesome! Plus, has a lot of control...I mean A LOT!

Old 05-22-2006, 09:12 PM
I LIKE Does the screen hide when the HU is shut off? Also, how well does it match with the trucks green lights?

Old 05-23-2006, 01:00 AM
There is no green light in this deck at all. It matches the climate control blue very well on my truck. I love this deck. I dont know what kit we used but it has tons of play in it. Made this install super easy. Tomarrow I am installing the PAC steering wheel interface and the PAC electronic bypass so I can control the deck through the steering wheel controls and watch movies while I am driving.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:04 AM
looks awsome! man i need one of those

Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Def looks good!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:50 AM
Oh and the screen doesnt fold up or anything when the truck is off. Thats the only thing that makes me nervous. But everything else is awesome, it even has an auto dimmer built in!

Quick Reply: Installed Alpine IVA-W200 w/ pics