2004 - 2008 F-150

First Service Visit - Transmission Disengaging

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Service Visit - Transmission Disengaging

After 28K+ miles my truck is in for its first real service visit. Coming home last night I was driving though Pontiac and the transmission disengaged (engine free rev'ed). At first I thought I knocked it into neutral, but no such luck. I slowed down to about 20-25 mph and the trans reengaged. Sped up again and it disengaged again. I pulled over and found no issues. No leaks, no damage, nothing. Took off again and same thing. It appears as the truck tried to go from 2 to 3 it would disengage. So I drove in 2 for about 3 miles before it started doing the same thing in 2. The rest of the trip home I was in 1 and 2 only. Took it in this morning and haven't heard back yet. Oh and by the way, they put me in a PT Cruiser as my rental. It feels so damn small.

Old 05-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by indyeng
After 28K+ miles my truck is in for its first real service visit. Coming home last night I was driving though Pontiac and the transmission disengaged (engine free rev'ed). At first I thought I knocked it into neutral, but no such luck. I slowed down to about 20-25 mph and the trans reengaged. Sped up again and it disengaged again. I pulled over and found no issues. No leaks, no damage, nothing. Took off again and same thing. It appears as the truck tried to go from 2 to 3 it would disengage. So I drove in 2 for about 3 miles before it started doing the same thing in 2. The rest of the trip home I was in 1 and 2 only. Took it in this morning and haven't heard back yet. Oh and by the way, they put me in a PT Cruiser as my rental. It feels so damn small.

If your in Waterford which dealer did you go to? Suburban?

Quick Reply: First Service Visit - Transmission Disengaging