2004 - 2008 F-150

looking for opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for opinions

after much thought(begging the wife)i got the go ahead to buy Katzkins.now i 'm thinking why just get gray,why not two tone or heck why not some othe color,like red if anyone with good photoshop skills could help me decide i'd be

i'd be willing to change door panels to sell the look if needed

Old 03-14-2006, 07:26 PM
The two tone will definitly look good in different shades of gray or black. The black might look funny considering there isnt really anything else in your truck that is black.

Old 03-14-2006, 08:10 PM
Not grey but check out this two-tone

Just installed this weekend!
There is a couple of sites that you can kind of get an idea what the seats will look like. It lets you choose color, style, piping,etc.

Contact the place you plan to buy them from for the shades of grey samples they have or colors you would consider so that you can better see what you prefer.

Last edited by donniep3; 03-14-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think dark gray and light gray together would look great!

Old 03-14-2006, 11:03 PM
i'v have seen gray two tone it's okay i guess.just thinking if i'm gonna spend 1200 bucks might as well have some splash to it.by the way donnie .love the way those seats look.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by houtxstx
i'v have seen gray two tone it's okay i guess.just thinking if i'm gonna spend 1200 bucks might as well have some splash to it.by the way donnie .love the way those seats look.
Thanks, 239 plus shipping for this set off ebay!!!!!!!!!!! I installed them myself to keep the cost down. They look even better than the picture shows!

Old 03-15-2006, 12:46 AM
I am not trying to thread crap but why would you spend $1200 on a set of Katskins when you can get a set of factory black covers off ebay for around $1K less? Granted you will have to make some mods for them to work on a Scab, but they are very minor and have been done 1000 times on here.

If you get the after market leather what are you going to do about your console lid? If you get the factory you can buy a Lariat console for around $45 and use the leather covered lid off of it (thats what I did when I swapped out my 20 for an XLT console). Again I am not one to worry about spending money on my truck but I just cant see aftermarkets being worth $1K more.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
If you get the after market leather what are you going to do about your console lid? .
I am not 100% on this but he should be able to get a piece from who he orders the set from to cover the lid.
The set I was going to order before I found the ones I got was going to run around $750.

Old 03-15-2006, 01:20 AM
<<<I just wished my interior was that clean. Nothing but school papers for me to grade for my students.

Old 03-15-2006, 03:08 AM
I had my seat covers done by www.leatherseats.com a few years back in my '94 Camaro Z28. I know what you mean about wanting to do something a little different.

You can get color samples from both katzkins.com and leatherseats.com. With my Camaro, I matched the interior color to the "wraps" and did an insert to my liking.

If you go for a color like red or medium red, and a grey insert to match the current interior (or visa-versa), I think you can tie it in to the current color(s) quite nicely AND have something very unique looking.

Keep in mind that the kits offered by these two companies generally include the console covers.

Here is a pic of my Z28 interior:

I had it done in a two tone graphite and silver with silver contrast stitching and gathered inserts. I also opted for some embroidery on the head rests which added that custom flare to it.

You can't go wrong with either of these companies and the quality is going to be WAY better than OEM... I know from experience!

Good luck and keep us posted!

E

Old 03-15-2006, 08:35 AM
sorry for not getting back soon,i work nights.
Ram, i have thought about the ebay factory ebay leather,i just didn't want want black.maybe black inserts but not all black.as far as the console lid goes the shop saleswoman brought out the installer and he said he could cover it with anything i wanted but he sugggested vinyl for durability reasons.
if i could find a better deal i'd take it.my motto is if it's what you really want then it's not expensive,but we have no kids are are not planning any so my wife's motto is save money for when we are old cause we gonna have to pay someone to wipe our butts.

as far as the interior being clean that photo was day 2 of the truck.one of the reason for leather is the damn seats are dirty looking no matter what i try.the two tone dosen't stand out as much anymore.

Last edited by houtxstx; 03-15-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:49 AM

these are examples i found online .first 2 belong to harley bill on the other ford site.

Quick Reply: looking for opinions