2004 - 2008 F-150

Shudder at take-off

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is actually at the shop for that rightnow. 3.73 LS rear. Hope it fixes it. Fluid was also very black. Almost like it was burnt.

Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Got a call from the dealer yesterday to come pickup the truck that it was finished. When I got there they said the problem was caused from the weight in the truck causing the emergency brake cable to tighten and start to apply the shoes. They said they found slight bluing on the rotors and replaced the rotors and installed new eb pads and adjusted the eb cable.

After I left the dealer I could still feel the shudder, this time it was around 26 - 30 mph. Took it right back, talked to the service manager then took the mechanic for a ride to verify.

Their next plan was to remove the shim kit that was installed in Florida thinking it was not needed if it was the eb cable. They started to take out the shims when they found out they did not have any of the original flat shims to replace the angled shim installed per the TSB. Was sent home with another loaner. The saga continues.

Last edited by markd75; 03-21-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Well, try and look at the brite side, I never got a loaner when my truck in the service center, and it was in there alot.
What did they give you to drive?

Old 03-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Got another call this afternoon to come in and check out the truck before turning in the loaner (06 Taurus). When I got there they said the shim kit was removed and what they were waiting on was the correct size centering pin for the leafspring.

Took the mechanic out for a test ride and all seems well, for now. I have not tried it with a load of any sort yet so the dealer is going to hold the job open until Friday to see how it acts.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:22 PM
That is the exact problem I have. My truck goes in Friday to have a shim kit and new drive shaft put in. From the sounds of things here looks like i'm still going to have this problem tell they replace the clutch packs.

Quick Reply: Shudder at take-off