F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Mark another one on the wall for a sparkplug broke off in a head (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/228479-mark-another-one-wall-sparkplug-broke-off-head.html)

TysonsLariat 09-01-2006 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by khendrix2374
I was skeptical just like you man.. I sprayed some penetrating oil down in the hole one day just for giggles.. WD-40.

Couple days later, went out and tried to remove the plug.. I put the socket on it ans turned it... yeah it turned EFFORTLESSLY. I was scared at first.. I thought it was already broke. Nope, I removed the plug . The insert 9below the jam nut) was wet and smelled like wd-40.. I didnt believe that penetrating oil would be able to make it past there either.. it does!

I was WRONG.

Remarkable, I stand corrected! Sounds like kroil is even better. Caution, this would also imply that the stuff can penetrate skin, be absorbed, and give the liver a bit of a problem.

Stealth 09-01-2006 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by TysonsLariat
Remarkable, I stand corrected! Sounds like kroil is even better. Caution, this would also imply that the stuff can penetrate skin, be absorbed, and give the liver a bit of a problem.

No more than the 12 pack drank during removal/install of the plugs. :lol:

silverbullet5.4 09-01-2006 02:39 PM

Well, this information is good news to me. I just hope it works in my case, but then again I believe nothing I hear and half of what I see. :lol:

When spark plug replacement time comes around, guess I'll try the Kriol and pray that the plug comes out...all of it.

murray330 09-01-2006 03:24 PM

I was skeptical just like you man.. I sprayed some penetrating oil down in the hole one day just for giggles.. WD-40.

Couple days later, went out and tried to remove the plug.. I put the socket on it ans turned it... yeah it turned EFFORTLESSLY. I was scared at first.. I thought it was already broke. Nope, I removed the plug . The insert 9below the jam nut) was wet and smelled like wd-40.. I didnt believe that penetrating oil would be able to make it past there either.. it does!

I was WRONG.

hendrix....did you continue driving after you sprayed it?..or let it sit for the couple days on a cold engine??....

would just like to get as much info as possible, before i give it a try...

khendrix2374 09-01-2006 03:56 PM

I still drove it... I didnt fill the plug wells up.. I just sprayed a little down in the holes.. A little goes a long way. Spray too much and it could possible misfire.

Koolaid? From the Ghetto? You're an idiot.

assasinator 09-01-2006 09:18 PM

i just cleaned all of mine with no issues. they broke loose easy and went back in after i cleaned the threads.

Kool Aid 09-02-2006 04:15 AM

I still drove it... I didnt fill the plug wells up.. I just sprayed a little down in the holes.. A little goes a long way. Spray too much and it could possible misfire.

Koolaid? From the Ghetto? You're an idiot.

I guess you don't read these posts.

If you look at post #99 you will clearly see that silverbullet5.4 says......

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
And dont be fooled, how can penetrating oil get past threads that are designed to handle 200+ psi of AIR pressure. It just doesnt make any sense. Its a ghetto solution to a serious problem, thanks Ford.

So, who's the idiot? :confused:

:wave:

silverbullet5.4 09-02-2006 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Kool Aid
I guess you don't read these posts.

If you look at post #99 you will clearly see that silverbullet5.4 says......

So, who's the idiot? :confused:

:wave:

1. God forbid I be skeptical about something like this, Khendrix admitted he was skeptical too along with Im sure a lot of other ppl.

2. the Kriol still isnt a fix to the problem, the piss poor design still allows the plug to become siezed in the first place. Now it seems we have a way to possibly preven the plug from breaking, but its by no means a solution to the problem. So in my mind, when I see poor engineering coupled with solutions that dont really fix the problem...its jerry rigging, ghetto rigging, or whatever you want to call it.

3. You need to step off my nuts, if you have nothing else better to do than counter ever post I make, than you seriously need to get a life. So seriously, step off my nuts. I hope I make myself clear.

Stealth 09-02-2006 11:05 AM

It's been covered here many times. Some have had problems taking theirs out. Mine came out without a problem. Just follow the dealer prescribed steps for removal. They shouldn't come apart upon removal if removed the right way, but some rebels have problems with authority and want to do it their way. So what. Complaining about it won't get anyone anywhere, except maybe being made fun of here.

R/R the plugs properly and there won't be any issues. Bottom line.

silverbullet5.4 09-02-2006 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stealth
Complaining about it won't get anyone anywhere, except maybe being made fun of here.

R/R the plugs properly and there won't be any issues. Bottom line.

Uhh, customers complaining is what creates recalls and real solutions to problems. If no customers ever complained and made known issues that were present with their vehicles, then auto companies would never recall vehicles and the consumer has to eat it. So tell me how again that works to my advantage? I could care less if someone "makes fun" of me or anyone on here for identifying problems and discussing solutions. If that is grounds for "making fun" of someone, then the joke's really on them.

Bottom line is that if ppl didnt share their experiences and YOU didnt know about it, then how would you know to take the proper procedure??

Stealth 09-02-2006 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
Uhh, customers complaining is what creates recalls and real solutions to problems. If no customers ever complained and made known issues that were present with their vehicles, then auto companies would never recall vehicles and the consumer has to eat it. So tell me how again that works to my advantage? I could care less if someone "makes fun" of me or anyone on here for identifying problems and discussing solutions. If that is grounds for "making fun" of someone, then the joke's really on them.

Bottom line is that if ppl didnt share their experiences and YOU didnt know about it, then how would you know to take the proper procedure??

Friend of mine works as an ase certified mechanic at the dealership I go to. Big whoop. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but if a recall needs to be done there would have been one already. The vast majority of people out there have no problem whatsoever R/R-ing their plugs. The only reason I let the dealer do mine (spark knock tsb) was because of all the bellyaching I saw here and it made me a bit concerned, as well as the tsb needed to be done, and I had 25,000 miles on the odo. I watched my friend take them out. No big deal. No fuss. I was concerned over nothing it seemed.

Making this thread longer with more posts covering the same repetitive thing doesn't make there more be complainers, just one more complaining.

kd4crs 09-02-2006 11:50 AM

The number of people having problems is not what I'm worried about. It is the serious nature of the spark plug problem that has me worried.

Stealth 09-02-2006 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by kd4crs
The number of people having problems is not what I'm worried about. It is the serious nature of the spark plug problem that has me worried.

Some people have problems ejecting a cd from the player. I think some of the problems can be tallied up as user error.

kd4crs 09-02-2006 12:09 PM

So it is the user's fault that the spark plug is poorly designed and the ground shield gets stuck in the cylinder? :rolleyes:

silverbullet5.4 09-02-2006 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stealth
Friend of mine works as an ase certified mechanic at the dealership I go to. Big whoop. I'm not saying there isn't a problem, but if a recall needs to be done there would have been one already. The vast majority of people out there have no problem whatsoever R/R-ing their plugs. The only reason I let the dealer do mine (spark knock tsb) was because of all the bellyaching I saw here and it made me a bit concerned, as well as the tsb needed to be done, and I had 25,000 miles on the odo. I watched my friend take them out. No big deal. No fuss. I was concerned over nothing it seemed.

Making this thread longer with more posts covering the same repetitive thing doesn't make there more be complainers, just one more complaining.

Just because YOU'VE taken your truck to the dealer and determine YOU didnt have a problem, doesnt mean the problem doesnt apply to the rest of us. So if you have determined the problem doesnt apply to you, then stop posting on the thread. Simple as that. But of the rest of us, the problem still is a reality and are still gathering information, hence why the thread exists. Its a pretty selfish mindset to say that since youre in the clear, we should all stop talking about it.