2004 - 2008 F-150

Fuel economy gauge/meter help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel economy gauge/meter help?

I've recently purchased a 2004 f150 supercrew xlt. The first ford I've owned. I would really like a way to monitor my fuel economy. Are there any aftermarket gauges or meters that I can install? I was looking at the newer years instrument clusters (still in the same body style or series or whatever), to just install that has the fuel economy setting in the information center. Is that possible? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get a Aeroforce Interceptor OBD2 gauge. Its a great little gauge to have. It reads almost every parameter that the computer reads.

It displays 2 parameters at a time and you can set it up to cycle through 8 different parameters.

I have mine set to read

MPG & RPM
It holds it for about 4seconds
Timing & MAF Counts
Water Temp & Tranny Temp
Voltage & IAT
Ands it repeats it cycle.

Wayne

Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I would just get a programmer like a grphon/diablo that will provide that data, as well as getting you a few performance (and economy) tunes for the engine. Although to be honest, the most accurate way (and most consistent) is to just calculate it by hand at each fuel fill-up. Number of miles driven divided by number of gallons used to fill up the tank all the way. Fool proof.

Quick Reply: Fuel economy gauge/meter help?