2004 - 2008 F-150

Question for the exterior pros.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for the exterior pros.

For a while I was wanting to replace my chrome bumpers with painted to match bumpers, but I've realized that chrome isnt a bad look for a white F150. So instead of replacing the bumpers I've decided to replace the beige grille i have and also put on some lincoln mark lt handles. Well I went to the dealership today to order some handles and they arent sure if the 06 lincoln handles will fit on my 04 F150... So they only ordered one just to make sure they will fit before they order the rest. They are charging me $75 a handle which i thought was a rip off, because i read somewhere else on here that they get them for $50. Anyways I went to check out how much a local body shop would charge me to put them on, and they said about $75 a door plus $50 for the tailgate.... So im basically looking at around $400 to install new handles.... Does that sound outrageous to anyone else?

So my questions to you all that have done this are:

Will the 06' mark handles fit on an 04' F150?
Is $75 expensive for the handles?
Are the handles easy to install or should i pay to have a professional put them in?

By the way I'm going to have some updated pics up in a few hours. Its 60° outside and I'm going to wash the truck.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
the handles will fit, $75 per door is about the going rate, and the drivers door will probably be more expensive since it has the keypad, and that is a LOT of money to change them, if you know how to use a few tools you can do the install yourself

Old 01-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I just recieved a phone call from the dealership and they just told me that the part i just ordered was black with chrome and that I'd have to paint it to match the rest of my truck. Is that the only way to do it?

Old 01-25-2006, 04:53 PM
No I ordered mine in white for my white truck. There are plenty of threads on here that list out the specific part numbers for which colors.

Go to www.fordpartsnetwork.com and email them and tell them what you want and they will get it for you.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by thais0n
No I ordered mine in white for my white truck. There are plenty of threads on here that list out the specific part numbers for which colors.

Go to www.fordpartsnetwork.com and email them and tell them what you want and they will get it for you.
Do have pictures of your handles installed? I'm thinking about upgrading but I have never seen them in white.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's now 'fastpartsnetwork.com' due to a cease and desist letter having been sent to the owner of FPN -- apparently he was helping too many people out by selling Ford Parts and Ford felt the need to go after him...

Pretty stupid that they'll try to fry a very small fish in a very big sea but, the C&D letter was real... very real...

Anyway... it's now www.fastpartsnetwork.com -- formerly www.fordpartsnetwork.com

BTW, the caveot -- I'm not associated with FPN (in either capacity)... just a company that I've done business with SEVERAL times in the past and will do business with them SEVERAL times in the future! Excellent customer service!

RP

Quick Reply: Question for the exterior pros.