2004 - 2008 F-150

So what has everyone done about your emblem pealign?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what has everyone done about your emblem pealign?

Well, after several months of thing, oh my emblems will not peal, i go to the car was and discover i do not have an F-150 anymore i have a silver nameplate instead with nothing on it......

What have you guys done about this? Will the dealership replace them? Im just thinking about getting some black paint and just painting them in..... since its a lease and all.....

Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by spotdog14
Well, after several months of thing, oh my emblems will not peal, i go to the car was and discover i do not have an F-150 anymore i have a silver nameplate instead with nothing on it......

What have you guys done about this? Will the dealership replace them? Im just thinking about getting some black paint and just painting them in..... since its a lease and all.....
Instead of buying some paint, just spend the money on the new emblems.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:13 PM

Most people try getting it off with acetone or another cleaner, and you want it back on I am not sure, but I would think warranty would cover it. I acetoned mine, I like the chrome badge, or you could consider custom badges from billetbadges.com

Old 01-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive had the front drivers replaced already and the other two will be getting replaced next oil change. Ford is the one that washed the paint off to.

Old 01-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

My tailgate emblem was replaced under warranty, but if the paint came totally off of all of mine I would just keep them that way. It was the half black paint that led me to replace mine.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:29 AM
The dealership replaced my emblems under warranty a few weeks ago for peeling paint. Depending on your dealership, they may have to order them and then call you to tell you when they arrive so that they can install them.

Old 01-24-2006, 02:26 AM
I noticed my tailgate emblem was peeling the day after I had them swap the tailgate for scratches under the dealer emblem. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Trending Topics

Old 01-24-2006, 06:07 AM
I never see any of the 04s peeling, just the 05-06. mine is fine tho.

Old 01-24-2006, 08:09 AM
replace with a billet badge!!!!

chris

Old 01-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Crstfr
replace with a billet badge!!!!

chris

ahha i made a decision when i got the truck to only lease it, so i didnt put all the money into mods and what not. that is why i have a project 95 explorer limited.

If i would have purhcased it, and not leased it, i would have gotten a a safari bar, the HD grill and headlights and some LED tail lights.

But that is besides the point. Ill check and see if any of hte local dealerships will replace them.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:53 PM
ahha i made a decision when i got the truck to only lease it, so i didnt put all the money into mods and what not. that is why i have a project 95 explorer limited.

If i would have purhcased it, and not leased it, i would have gotten a a safari bar, the HD grill and headlights and some LED tail lights.

But that is besides the point. Ill check and see if any of hte local dealerships will replace them.
i feel ya man!... they should replace that under warrenty!

chris

Quick Reply: So what has everyone done about your emblem pealign?