2004 - 2008 F-150

question about my new truck and body damage.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about my new truck and body damage.

i got my ford f150 fx4 about 2 weeks ago. when i bought it, it was raining outside and really couldnt do the the best inspection of the car. well, since that day it has rained or snowed everyday. finally today was a nice, cold, sunny day and i washed my new truck. i found a scratch and some scrapes on the hood of the truck. i know i didnt do it and must of been done at the dealer. is there a way to have the dealer fix this, or since i had my truck for a couple weeks are they going to claim i did it. what could i do about it?

Old 01-06-2006, 10:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

More than likely the dealer will not accept liability for the damage. You should have signed a form that stated what damage the truck had (if any) when you bought the truck. I assume that you agreed at the time of sale that the truck was in perfect condition. If so, then you are probably SOL.

How bad are the scratches? Maybe they can be "buffed out"?

Old 01-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Within 30 or so days the dealer will help you, if you purchased it new you will get a survey, hold it hostage untill the vehicle is repaired.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by asinatra
Within 30 or so days the dealer will help you, if you purchased it new you will get a survey, hold it hostage untill the vehicle is repaired.
I wouldn't bet my life on this working but you certainly have a point. The dealer can help if they want to and the survey is great motivation.

Old 01-06-2006, 10:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd give it a shot, seeing if the dealer would help you out. Just remember that once you leave the lot, the dealer can make a hard case that whatever damages must have happened after you took the truck off their hands.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:36 AM
I recall something in the owners manual about having 7 days to bring a vehicle back for minor dings and scratches. Look into that and be real nice when you visit the dealer.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:44 AM
I had the same thing...the day after I bought my truck I noticed a pretty good scratch on the bed of the truck. It's actually a swirl mark with several little scratches. I never took it in because I figured they'd just say it happened after I bought it. Eight months since buying it ...that is my only scratch on the entire truck.

Quick Reply: question about my new truck and body damage.