2004 - 2008 F-150

Just got my 14" magnaflow put on my 4.6!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got my 14" magnaflow put on my 4.6!

I was afraid it was going to be too loud before I put it on but it is just right for me. I just replaced the stock muffler and dumped it right out the mag. I love the deep tone it has. It sounds really nice to me. Cruising on the interstate I can barely hear. I can hear it while driving around town. It has a nice deep rumble but it is not too loud. I am impressed so far. It has improved the throttle response to my 4.6 4x4 Scab also. I have had a air intake tube for a few months and I think that combined with the muffler now has helped. The truck feels more responsive now. I wouldn't say that I gained a lot of power but I think I can tell there is a little gain. I am hoping that my gas mileage will improve. I also wouldn't mine the exhaust getting a little louder. From my experience in the past you have the let the mufflers break in and they get louder in about two weeks or so. I will see with this one but I would suggest this to anyone now.

Old 12-29-2005, 12:14 AM
good mod

Dale

Old 12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally Posted by 99ls1z
I was afraid it was going to be too loud before I put it on but it is just right for me. I just replaced the stock muffler and dumped it right out the mag. I love the deep tone it has. It sounds really nice to me. Cruising on the interstate I can barely hear. I can hear it while driving around town. It has a nice deep rumble but it is not too loud. I am impressed so far. It has improved the throttle response to my 4.6 4x4 Scab also. I have had a air intake tube for a few months and I think that combined with the muffler now has helped. The truck feels more responsive now. I wouldn't say that I gained a lot of power but I think I can tell there is a little gain. I am hoping that my gas mileage will improve. I also wouldn't mine the exhaust getting a little louder. From my experience in the past you have the let the mufflers break in and they get louder in about two weeks or so. I will see with this one but I would suggest this to anyone now.
how about some sound clips.

Old 12-29-2005, 04:05 AM
My cousin was getting a lot of drone with his 14" Magnaflow through the stock pipe with a tip at the end. He has a 2006 F150 4.6L. He just had the exhaust dumped today and the drone is gone. I think that dumping the Magnaflow is the way to go.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:43 AM
I don't have anyway of getting any sound clips sorry. I do love the sound of the magnaflow dumped. Do these mufflers get any louder?

Quick Reply: Just got my 14" magnaflow put on my 4.6!