2004 - 2008 F-150

Slimline Visors

Old 12-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Slimline Visors

One of the last mods I intend to make to my truck is probably the simplest and yet it didn't work out that way. My wife bought me a set of EGR Slimline Visors for my 04 Supercab. As you can see by my signature, my son and I have made many mods far more difficult and yet installing the visors resulted in my breaking the drivers side.

So, I contacted the manufacturer to order a replacement visor and was told they don't sell individual pieces. I had to order another complete set. This irritates me more than missing one instruction in the directions. Regardless, the manufacturer does not mold these visors as a complete set. They mold each piece separately. Apparently, customer service is not their strong point.

If anybody can recommend another line of visors with a similar slimline look, please do so. Needless to say, I won't be purchasing any products from EGR. It isn't about the money as the set is only $75. It is purely a matter of principle.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the AutoVentshade in-channel type and you can bend them almost double and they don't break. You have to bend the front ones pretty good to install them, so they have to be flexible.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have the AVS in channel also, had them installed by a local shop for $60. Pics are in my gallery

Old 12-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a drivers supercab OEM you could have for shipping. Don't know if it looks the same as what you have or not.

The passenger one was destroyed in shipping.

It's on this webpage if you want to take a look at it and see.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resp1weq/

shipping shouldn't be too much, I would think.
Chris

Old 12-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris,

What're you crazy ? Where did all those parts come from ? Since I have to buy another set, I am going to look around take the suggestions made here and see where it goes. I am tired of the water coming in when I have the window cracked.

On and on.

Old 12-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Talking

Actually the parts are a combo of leftovers from mods and stuff that came with something I wanted.
I’ve got more of it I haven’t posted yet.
Hobby with me

Rather than scrap the odd stuff, I sell it for enough to cover shipping and help a little to pay for the next mod.

Old 12-29-2005, 02:53 PM
chris, I saw your site
I am interested in the center a/c pannel, what I would like off of it is the plastic piece around the cigarette lighter if it would replace the one on my FX4 flowthrough console.
could you e-mail me please (address in profile)
thanks
never mind its a diffrent size, o well

Last edited by dean1614; 12-29-2005 at 08:34 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slimline Visors