2004 - 2008 F-150

Fleet Sales

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fleet Sales

I have been looking for a new F150 recently and am quite close to buying. One of the sales individuals I was working with has moved to the Fleet side of the house. The salesperson said they are more than willing to keep working with me if I find what I want. Is it advantageous to work with someone in Fleet Sales? If so, can I expect more wiggle room on price?

Old 12-14-2005, 03:43 PM
possibly.

Fleet guys do high volume, low margin.

But, rebates are rebates and Ford is offering and will continue to offer many.

If in doubt, just get a competitive offer from another dealer to make sure your fleet guy is on the up and up.

Old 12-14-2005, 05:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

The day I happened to be looking for a truck the fleet guy was outside and he started talking to me. He took me in his office and we found the truck I wanted and had it shipped over from another dealer and he took $200 off the family price when the other dealers in town wouldn't budge on that price. He said he made enough money in fleet sales that the commission from one truck wasn't all that significant and that he was happy to beat any other dealer in town.
So, do business with the fleet guy. You might get a better deal, but you most certainly won't do any worse that with any other salesman.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Suspended
sales guy's get perks if they sell x amount of trucks in a month, taking a lower hit on a commission to get the bonus once a set number of truck sales is established, may happen.

Quick Reply: Fleet Sales