2004 - 2008 F-150

Wrecked my new baby this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrecked my new baby this weekend

I am the proud owner of an 06 F150 crewcab, 4x4 smokestone lariat. Well I managed to do my first mod to it last Thursday evening on Rt. 68 outside Morgantown, WV. Heading in to my parents for the weekend and hit some snow/slush/freezing crap. Going along nice and slow downhill passed a car in the median that just flipped and then I had traction one second and the next nothing all 4 wheels were sliding. Tried all the normal things for correcting it but the road was slopped and it came on around and next thing I knew we bounced off the guard rail with the front end then spun around and stopped. Well my wife and dog were alright so we moved along slowly and then I pulled off to check the truck. Looks like the only thing that happened was the front bumper got dented a bit between the license plate mount and passenger side driving light.

It makes me sick but I'm just glad we didn't go through the guard rail and over the hill and everyone was alright. I can replace the truck not my wife or dog. Truck still runs fine but I'll get it looked at to make sure it's fine. It hit right where the frame is behind the bumper and I think that's what saved me from having more damage. The slow speed helped as well.

Have to say though after 1700 miles I'm pretty happy with the truck. Still think this spring it will get some power mods and a few other add ons. Still not used to the transmission shifting with hesitation and the drive by wire throttle. I noticed going up some hills it actually hesitates between shifts, not sure why. I have an appt. at the dealer Thursday for the recall and a few other things so I'll have that checked out as well. Also getting an intermittent vibration but I'm thinking that might be the Pirelli tires, it doesn't do it all the time.

If I could figure out how to do pictures I would post some pic's but haven't managed to do that yet.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:05 PM
Wow. Glad everyone is OK. I used to live in Philly for a short while and drove across there to Parkersburg near my parents. That road can be tricky in the winter. Congrats on the new truck and I hope that you can get any easy fix for that dent.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:02 PM
glad You, your wife and dog are okay!

Yeah, ice and snow sucks to drive on. I managed to winkle mine a little bit a few weeks ago on the same stuff.

I hope you get the truck fixed up and slow it down out there!

Old 12-13-2005, 09:13 PM
As much as that sucks, I'd be pretty happy I didn't damage any painted surfaces, glad everyone is OK.

Old 12-13-2005, 09:20 PM
Maybe you should have stopped to see if the people in the car that just flipped were OK. A higher being didn't like that you drove by and evened the score with you.....

Just Joking with you........the dog was probably more scared than the two of you...

Old 12-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I feel your pain, hit a deer on the way to work..Do you believe this is $2851.79 worth of damage. Deer head hit headlight and the butt of the deer came around and dented the drivers door and running board...

Old 12-14-2005, 09:14 AM
We cry about not getting any snow here in the south, but I guess we should count our blessings and be thankful. I'm glad everyone was ok and that there was no more damage than that.

Quick Reply: Wrecked my new baby this weekend