2004 - 2008 F-150

Mark LT Handle Install ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mark LT Handle Install ?

Getting ready to order a full set of LT handles for my truck, read through a couple of the install summary threads here and had a question, seems like some had to make some modifications to accomodate and others didn't? My truck is an 04, is this something specific for 04's since the LT handles are from '05 trucks? Any details would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Passenger and tailgate go in easy. Its very obvious what to do when its in front of you. Drivers side w/keypad however had me stumped. I was going to do a walkthrough of it ( I was going to get it in one way or another) But the wife just crashed the truck (guy tried to cut her off and hit her. At least the douche got a ticket)) so as you can imagine its pretty low on my list of things to do.

If theres any questions I can help you with Ill be glad to. As it is I have to take the passenger handle off before it goes to be fixed. Maybe if I can Ill snap some pics of the removal to help you out. Let me know if you need anything...

Later,

Luis S

Last edited by Luis S; 12-12-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:30 AM
plunds01

Tailgate handle easy. Passenger handle, if you have lock cylinder in previous handle you will not be able to use with LT handle. As far as driver handle goes be carefule not to break white clip on lock rod and LT handle has the wire harness attached that you will have to play with to get in door correct so it does not interfere with door glass moving up or down. I did this mod and am waiting for a Ford tech to get back to me to program the hanle for me. When he hooked up the Ford hand held computer it did not pull a code for door locks. But as far as install of handles go it took me 1 1/2 hours to do all.

Ron

Old 12-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by ronco
plunds01

Tailgate handle easy. Passenger handle, if you have lock cylinder in previous handle you will not be able to use with LT handle. As far as driver handle goes be carefule not to break white clip on lock rod and LT handle has the wire harness attached that you will have to play with to get in door correct so it does not interfere with door glass moving up or down. I did this mod and am waiting for a Ford tech to get back to me to program the hanle for me. When he hooked up the Ford hand held computer it did not pull a code for door locks. But as far as install of handles go it took me 1 1/2 hours to do all.

Ron
Can you let me know when you get this finished? I've been looking for a while for a tech that doesn't give me a blank stare when I ask about programing the computer for the keypad. I have one that said he will try if I get step by step instructions for him........but I don't know anyone that has step by step instructions.

Old 12-13-2005, 01:52 PM
rltripp,

I just talked to the tech. Tech advised that he may have to pull information from another truck exactly like mine except for donor truck will have to have keypad. Tech is still working with someone at Ford about this. I have read that other members have just plugged in and keypad worked. When I get further information I will get it to you. I also asked Tech if he could get some type of printed directions to make this work for us and other members.

Ron

Old 12-13-2005, 05:16 PM
If you already have the keypad it works fine. In fact as long as you have the harness there I dont see why it wouldnt.

Later,

Luis S

Old 12-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Where can I buy these? And do you guys think I should get these rather then the solid aluminum ones on ebay for about $150/pr? thanks!

Trending Topics

Old 12-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by ronco
rltripp,

I just talked to the tech. Tech advised that he may have to pull information from another truck exactly like mine except for donor truck will have to have keypad. Tech is still working with someone at Ford about this. I have read that other members have just plugged in and keypad worked. When I get further information I will get it to you. I also asked Tech if he could get some type of printed directions to make this work for us and other members.

Ron
thanks, I've told them everything that I've found on here about pulling programs from other trucks and such, but I still get a blank stare

Old 12-14-2005, 01:53 PM
You will get blank starres from alot of techs, ask for the guy that handles the WDS.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by asinatra
You will get blank starres from alot of techs, ask for the guy that handles the WDS.
WDS?

Old 12-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by rltripp
WDS?
Weiner Dipping Sauce. Geez, try using the search option next time.

Last edited by ackackadak; 12-15-2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by rltripp
thanks, I've told them everything that I've found on here about pulling programs from other trucks and such, but I still get a blank stare
Did you find someone to make this work? And if so, do you have detailed instructions? I took mine to the dealer today to get it programed. My truck is an XLT and has the harness. They hooked up a computer to it and said my truck is not equipped for the keypad... from the post on these boards...looks like they have no idea on how to make it work. If you get it to work and have any details, please post.

thanks

Old 01-07-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Robamus
Where can I buy these? And do you guys think I should get these rather then the solid aluminum ones on ebay for about $150/pr? thanks!
fastpartsnetwork.com

Old 01-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Suspended
Hey guys... I've got 3 of the doors done, and I'm currently puzzled on the driver side door. I have a LARIAT so it was wired for the keypad already. Now, do I keep the harness and backside of the pad that was already in the truck and just remove the harness from the new Mark LT handle in order to keep my code?

Or, do I just swap the entire handle out including the back of the pad and the harness and will it keep my stock door code?

PS- Is it just me or is the driver door the hardest in every way? This is the only door that has given me trouble with the rod coming out easily...didn;t even bend any others. So far (10 minutes or less of trying) I have nothing off from the internals of the handle.

Please help if you can.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2006, 11:58 PM
The driver's side is definitelly the hardest! Swapping the keypad itself makes no difference. The keypad (the part you plug in) isn't what stores the code, it is just a set of buttons with wires. That is stored in your vehicle security module and won't change with a different keypad.

Quick Reply: Mark LT Handle Install ?