2004 - 2008 F-150

Power driver seat

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 03:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power driver seat

What parts are needed to change a non power driver seat to a power driver seat.I have a 2004 xlt.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:48 AM
The whole pedestal or bottom.
I think it sells for about 450 bucks from online parts vendors. I bought a couple seats from a vendor who runs ads on E-bay. Swap is fairly easy if you get seats that are the same as yours. I swapped the bottoms off the Screw seats to my Regular cab. Takes a little longer but it's still not a bad job.
They don't sell the individual parts from Ford.
Chris

Old 12-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Driver power seat

How do i tell if i have the power harness to feed the seat?

Old 12-10-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by cilvilan05
How do i tell if i have the power harness to feed the seat?
I didn't have any harness, but since it only needs 12 volts and a ground, it was a snap to add. I used 10 gauge wire and an inline 25 amp fuse.

If you can pull up your carpet under the seat and the harness will or will not, be there.

The memory seat is very complicated and I doubt you can add it. That is, the memory functions themselves.
The memory seat will function just like a regular power seat if you supply it power and a ground.

The memory seat requires communication with the PCM which involves;
1. Having the connection to the PCM and;
2. Having the PCM 'informed' about the memory seat. This is done by a dealer.

But the non-memory seat just needs power and ground. You can tap under the hood and route under the door sill to get the power invisibly to the seats, or you can tap at the fuse box or the primary wire under the wheel. This is not a big job to supply the power.

Getting the pedestals, that can be expensive/hard.

If you have a regular cab you would need to mod the SuperCrew or SuperCab pedestals slightly.
If you are swapping in pedestals from the same type then that is not a problem. The modification is the way the Regular cab seats tip forward all the way, to allow easier access to the rear cargo area. Scab and Screw seats don’t tip as far forward.

Swapping the seats themselves whole is also an option, but the shoulder mounted seat belts limit you to swaps from same body style.
Chris

Quick Reply: Power driver seat