2004 - 2008 F-150

Can anyone explain this?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone explain this?

Im looking into air intakes right now. Im down to the K&N, Air Raid, Volant, or maybe even the AEM. Im looking at the K&Ns on Ebay. The one with the polished tube says a gain of 9.53 RWHP but the one with the flat black tube says 15.47 RWHP. Can anyone explain this? Im looking for an intake that will give me the most power but that won't give me a CEL. Im leaning towards the K&N or the Air Raid.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Im looking for an intake that will give me the most power but that won't give me a CEL.
That's kinda tough. The higher the power increase, the more likely you are to get a CEL.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by hwm3
That's kinda tough. The higher the power increase, the more likely you are to get a CEL.
Thats why I want something that won't give me a CEL, which includes more than one intake system but also give me the most power out of the bunch.

Anyways, here are the links to the auctions I was talking about. . .

K&N FIPK2 - 15.47 RWHP

K&N 77 Series - 9.53 RWHP

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 12-05-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I dunno, maybe the flat black tube stays cooler than the polished one somehow?

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Im looking into air intakes right now. Im down to the K&N, Air Raid, Volant, or maybe even the AEM. Im looking at the K&Ns on Ebay. The one with the polished tube says a gain of 9.53 RWHP but the one with the flat black tube says 15.47 RWHP. Can anyone explain this? Im looking for an intake that will give me the most power but that won't give me a CEL. Im leaning towards the K&N or the Air Raid.
Save your money and stay stock any gains are very minor the stock air tube will flow 7 times more air than the throttly body can take.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by blackf-150
Save your money and stay stock any gains are very minor the stock air tube will flow 7 times more air than the throttly body can take.
. . . thanks but no thanks.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:06 AM
It wouldn't take much difference in humidity & temp to affect the readings a little bit. Notice the cooler temp when the stock run was done compared to the black cai run. Real world driving I bet would be very similar between the two kits, pick which one you like the looks of if you go k&n.

I went with the air raid, the k&n wasn't available at the time, but no regrets. I have put about 50000km's on with no problems at all, definitely improved throttle response and it sounds better than stock.

Old 12-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by nvrenuff
It wouldn't take much difference in humidity & temp to affect the readings a little bit. Notice the cooler temp when the stock run was done compared to the black cai run. Real world driving I bet would be very similar between the two kits, pick which one you like the looks of if you go k&n.

I went with the air raid, the k&n wasn't available at the time, but no regrets. I have put about 50000km's on with no problems at all, definitely improved throttle response and it sounds better than stock.
Thanks!

Old 12-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by nvrenuff

I also have the Airaid, LOVE IT! No regrets here either! The flat black fits right in with the rest of the engine compartment, looks awesome, and noticed the improved response and better sound. The current design of the Airaid is not loud at all until you put the hammer to the floor!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can anyone explain this?