2004 - 2008 F-150

5spd. ever again?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 03:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5spd. ever again?

Does anybody know if Ford plans to offer a manual trans in the F-150 anymore? I was bummed when I found out it was only offered in the 2wd v-6 model. Just throwin up an ideal here but would a manual swap be possible? 6 speed from a Super Duty would be great. I know it would be a big undertaking and probably cost out the **** but I miss shifting when I want to instead of watching my confused truck try to decide what gear to be in when going uphill.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Why is there a lacking from ford and chevy in the nice V8 stick halfton? My only thinking is that since it is such a small minority that are willing to love the clutch, ford can get away with no stick production and force the minority to spend more on a heavyduty truck where a stick is *slighty* more available. I don't think they could ever drop the stick in a 3/4ton+ truck (well I actually hope) due to some needs that autos can't fill.

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-17-2005, 06:40 AM
Count me in on that wish list! That was the biggest disappointment, and I came really, really close to keeping my Ranger because of it. I simply cannot accept a V6, and I don't want the ride of a 250, so I guess the slush pump will have to do.

With the availability of the pedals from a V6 150, seems like we could put a manual in without too much trouble. At least in a 2wd.

Anyone know enough about the computers on these things to help???

Flagship

Old 11-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Manual trannys are a dying bread accross the board. It's not just the V8 trucks that you see a rapid decline in stick offerings.

My fiancee and I were walking around a Nissan dealer on Saturday. We stopped to look into the cabin of a used 350ZX vert and both made ugly faces when we saw it was a chick-o-matic...

I can understand a truck, but who the hell wants an automatic on a sports car???

Old 11-17-2005, 10:25 AM
It's an American thing. Most other countries I go to automatics are the rare trannys to see.
Originally Posted by PenguinFX4
Manual trannys are a dying bread accross the board. It's not just the V8 trucks that you see a rapid decline in stick offerings.

My fiancee and I were walking around a Nissan dealer on Saturday. We stopped to look into the cabin of a used 350ZX vert and both made ugly faces when we saw it was a chick-o-matic...

I can understand a truck, but who the hell wants an automatic on a sports car???

Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
No thanks on the manual in a truck.. I had an Explorer that was a manual and that thing was a nightmare..

I prefer manual's on cars, but no trucks... especially this size.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by Flagship
Count me in on that wish list!
I'm right there with you. I'd love to have a 250 KR 4wd in stick, but no luck. Its gotten to the point that anything about an XL in the SD is gonna have an auto. I just don't get it. Yeah, its nice sometimes, but when you're pulling a load, I really want to have control of when and where I shift. And I don't know about y'all, but when you're driving a SD diesel with an auto, it just kinda feels weenie.

Old 11-17-2005, 02:14 PM
yeah, where is that 4 speed manual, eh?

Quick Reply: 5spd. ever again?