2004 - 2008 F-150

Vibration when turning 05f150

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration when turning 05f150

I have a 05 F150. I am having problems with a vibration when I turn at low speeds. I have taken it to the dealer, and they had the truck for about 2weeks and said it was the rear gear box. It has been about 5 months and now it is vibrating again. Is anyone else having this problem? The vibration is coming from the rear and almost feels like it is coming from the tire.
Thanks.
DK

Old 11-08-2005, 07:24 PM
they replaced the transmission,rear end,and put a set of michilan (had the continatals)and they also had to put a dampener kit on .and now all the vibrations are gone for now,only been a week since i got the truck back.now its in the shop now for rough idle and sluggishnesss a engineer is going to look it over tommorrow.Had a alot of promblems with this truck.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by DLK06
I have a 05 F150. I am having problems with a vibration when I turn at low speeds. I have taken it to the dealer, and they had the truck for about 2weeks and said it was the rear gear box. It has been about 5 months and now it is vibrating again. Is anyone else having this problem? The vibration is coming from the rear and almost feels like it is coming from the tire.
Thanks.
DK
I think that this is clearly a LS differential issue if you have one? Many people here have had this problem when not enough friction modifier had been added to the rear diff. I causes the clutches in the rear to stick together tighter giving way to almost a posi rear. It will make the inside rear tire "hop" because it needs to turn slower than the outside tire when turning affording your "chatter" sound.

Quick Reply: Vibration when turning 05f150