2004 - 2008 F-150

King Coil Over,Dirt Logic + Spacer = Lift??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Coil Over,Dirt Logic + Spacer = Lift??

Ok, I think I know the answer but I searched and had to find out anyway. I like the idea of the Dirt Logics or King coil overs. I have done some offroading of vehicles and know the benefits of a good coilover. BOth the King's and DR's are ajdustable from 0"-3". So here are my questions.

1. If you used a combination 2" spacer and 3" coil over you would have 5" of front lift. BUT, would this be too much for both the CV's and drive shaft.

2. If I could go the route of #1, would using an add-a-leaf and a Bilstein in back be comparable to the fronts (this would be a cheaper route). Or in the name of balance would I be better with the King's in the rear.

3. DR lists 3" lift shocks at SDHQ. has anyone had any expeiernce with the shocks? Would they be comparable to the bilsteins or better.

Hey, thanks for you all's time and info.

Old 11-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Red face

You could do one or the other. If you combine them you still can only get approximately 3" of lift for anything further you will be buying CV boots or joints. I tried on a toyota one time 3" spacer and 1" longer springs and the boots went quick so pulled the longer springs and went with just the spacer. Moral...learn from my mistake and if you are going to do it do it right or you will pay.....

Old 11-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Without a new crossmember. I DONT THINK SO!

Old 11-08-2005, 12:34 PM
I have the Kings and don't recommend anything larger that a 34" tire on a 4x4. If you crank them up for maximum lift you loose almost all droop travel and the axle angles are terrible.

Coilover + spacer = no way

Quick Reply: King Coil Over,Dirt Logic + Spacer = Lift??