2004 - 2008 F-150

Calling HIDPLANET!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Calling HIDPLANET!!!

Hey man, how do you think the McCulloch HID conversion kit would work in these projector headlights??

or these

Last edited by -TXF150-; 10-17-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin has the Halo Projectors and they look f'in sick. There are a couple others with them.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are relying on the performance of the projectors inside the housing, and based on history, aftermarket projectors perform very poorly. So even if you had a good light source, the projector would ruin a good output.
Most people, that I deal with would take that projector headlamp and retrofit xenon/HID projectors into them to obtain true HID output and beam pattern.
So this is what is recommended....get headlights you like, and retrofit HID units inside them.

Old 10-19-2005, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HIDPLANET
You are relying on the performance of the projectors inside the housing, and based on history, aftermarket projectors perform very poorly. So even if you had a good light source, the projector would ruin a good output.
Most people, that I deal with would take that projector headlamp and retrofit xenon/HID projectors into them to obtain true HID output and beam pattern.
So this is what is recommended....get headlights you like, and retrofit HID units inside them.
Amazing how headlights can be so complicated, housings, harnesses, do you have a picture describing what you mean by retrofitting?

Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are tons of info on my forums as well as all over the web.
retrofitting in short means replacing the projectors inside the housings with HID projectors. Or, if they arent projector lights to begin with, it means custom installing the projectors inside the reflector headlights.
My F-150 retrofit should be mounted this weekend since all the work is finally done.

Quick Reply: Calling HIDPLANET!!!