2004 - 2008 F-150

Code Alarm CA670- ANy update ? pros/cons?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asinatra
circuit city has code alarm products
I didn't realize that since I rarely shop there. I checked their website and they only carry 4 CA systems, and they seem like crappy entry level type systems. Not the same models as the ones we're looking at. Other car audio manufacturers seem to sell low-end stuff there too.

Old 08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Circuit City sells everyones sh*t products. All the bottem end stuff. All those kinds of stores do. Even home depot. Pretty much a name brand will produce lower quality stuff, so that wholesale chains can sell them cheapier. Ryobi is the biggest manufacture I know of that does this. But kenwood, alpine, sony, they all do it.

Old 08-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Can you turn the engine off with the remote?

Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by countyboy04
Can you turn the engine off with the remote?
after you already remote start it? yes, just press the button again and it will turn off the engine.

Old 08-11-2005, 06:07 PM
How hard is it to get to the ignition switch harness?

Old 08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
just a matter of taking the lower dash panel off and the plastic steering column surround as well. undo a few bolts/screws and they're off!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:39 AM
My truck was by far the easist install I have ever done. There are two bolts on the black plastic on the column, pop that piece off. Then there are 4 bolts holding the metal brace on. Remove the drivers kick panel and door sill plate. That's it. I didn't remove any of the key cylinder housing. Just slid my bypass ring up the back and around the cylinder. There is so much room under there as well. When I was done, I wrapped everything on the ignition harness with some electrical tape, because you can see that area once the truck is back together. Eventually I'm going to get a flexable piece of black something to hang in there.

The transmitter does shut the truck off, but when you cancel the remote start, the radio stays on, just like when you turn of the truck and don't open you door. Doesn't do this if the remote start times out on its own. Not sure how long the truck keeps things on but opening the door turns it off. I'll have to time it and see.

Old 08-24-2005, 10:05 PM
Has anyone else installed their own alarm yet?

Old 08-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by countyboy04
Has anyone else installed their own alarm yet?
I put one in my truck over the weekend, what questions do you have about it?

Old 08-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by ford2004F150
I put one in my truck over the weekend, what questions do you have about it?
Did you buy the prewired system from autoalarmpro.com? How did the install go, any problems? Do you have to have use one of the PATS modules?

Old 08-24-2005, 10:43 PM
I bought mine from autoalarmpro.com and paid $351 with the bypass kit and over nighted it to my door. I worked with the owner dereck. Tell him Lee sent you if want and you might get a deal.

I didn't get it prewired cuz he sent awesome instructions. Not a hard install at all. This alarm CA670 has tons of bells and whisles that I haven't explored yet. Like controling the sunroof and windows...

Anyway I haven't got the keyless entry working on the keypad just yet but I have a good idea how too.

I did have some issues with the bypass kit only because i didn't tape it up to the ignition. Minor issue.

I am having one issue with the remote start in tachless mode... it runs for a bit and dies. I plan to hook up the tach wire this weekend and that should correct this issue.

I have learned a LOT about the trucks electical system during this install. The alarm doesn't need any diods for the door locks by the way.

Let me know if you have anymore questions... I will try to answer them as I am exploring all the possablities of this alarm.

-f2f-

Old 08-25-2005, 11:28 AM
I didn't have issues with the tachless mode. Though I did hook it up anyway, this past weekend. My alarm did need diodes. Having the positive door trigger and dome light supervision wire both on the trucks dome light wire was causing flase alarms for me. Every 30 minutes when the BCM would go to sleep. The diodes aren't for the locks they are for the door trigger.

Let me know what you need to know on the keypad and keyless, as mine is completly installed and working. The keypad can be tricky because there are two wires for each color and only one works.

**on the edit** you tachless mode problem sounds like you didn't follow the initialization procedure. I forget the exact sequence but when you first install it, you have to start the truck like three times. Not doing this cuases the alarm to not learn the voltage of the truck. And so the truck will not stay running.

Last edited by crudeau; 08-25-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by crudeau
I didn't have issues with the tachless mode. Though I did hook it up anyway, this past weekend. My alarm did need diodes. Having the positive door trigger and dome light supervision wire both on the trucks dome light wire was causing flase alarms for me. Every 30 minutes when the BCM would go to sleep. The diodes aren't for the locks they are for the door trigger.

Let me know what you need to know on the keypad and keyless, as mine is completly installed and working. The keypad can be tricky because there are two wires for each color and only one works.

**on the edit** you tachless mode problem sounds like you didn't follow the initialization procedure. I forget the exact sequence but when you first install it, you have to start the truck like three times. Not doing this cuases the alarm to not learn the voltage of the truck. And so the truck will not stay running.
Let me know how you wired up the keyless, that would help a bunch!

Also I did the initialization thing and it worked for the first day... but not now.

What did you wire your tach wire to? The fuel injector?

Old 08-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Tach wire is on my fuel injector. Forget the color, but it's the wire that is not common on all of the fuel injectors.

Does you alarm currently lock and unlock your doors? But you factory keyfob and keypad do not?

Old 08-25-2005, 12:49 PM
Manual Arm pink/black DKP or BCM, blue plug, pin 2
Manual Disarm red/orange DKP or drivers boot or BCM, blue plug, pin 5
Switch Sense Wire pink/orange PKP or BCM, blue plug, pin 3

All three of these wires in the drivers side sill plate. Once all three wires are hooked up, the keypad and factory key fobs can operate the alarm. I don't remembe which two, but two of theses wires have dubplicates. As in there are two wires of the same color in the sill plate. THe ones you want are of a slightly heavier gauge, and at the very bottom of the wire loom. Use a voltmeter to determine which one. They ground out when you hit the lock or unlock button on the door.

Quick Reply: Code Alarm CA670- ANy update ? pros/cons?