2004 - 2008 F-150

TSB's

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TSB's

Is there any place to get a free listing of all the TSB's for the F-150?

Old 06-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Look at the top of the page there is a box called Recalls & TSB's. When you get on that site go to the bottom left corner of the page.

Old 06-23-2005, 01:30 PM
But where can you find the actual text of the TSBs? Ownersite only shows the name and number, but not the actual document...

Old 06-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by dmitry
But where can you find the actual text of the TSBs? Ownersite only shows the name and number, but not the actual document...
It shouldnt matter, its not like you can fix it yourself. TSB's are only really meant for the dealer as they will be performing the modifications neccesary to service the vehicle. Dealers dont like in when you come in with the TSB print out, and ask them to fix it. No matter what they still have to have the tech diagnose the problem. Most of the times the tech will say its ok only because of what you did thnking your vehicle needs to be services.

PEOPLE MAKE CARS, PEOPLE ARE NOT PERFECT AND EITHER SHOULD YOUR TRUCK.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by asinatra
Man,

I don't know what you're on, but you either took too much or not enough.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Account Deactivated at User's Request
TBS car make perfect! People are either truck!

Old 06-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by asinatra
It shouldnt matter, its not like you can fix it yourself. TSB's are only really meant for the dealer as they will be performing the modifications neccesary to service the vehicle. Dealers dont like in when you come in with the TSB print out, and ask them to fix it. No matter what they still have to have the tech diagnose the problem. Most of the times the tech will say its ok only because of what you did thnking your vehicle needs to be services.

DUDE, you need to find a woman! It does matter AND some things can be fixed out of the dealership! Hope you don't go to the hospital sometime and the DR says it doesn't matter

Old 06-23-2005, 11:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Asinatra's right...officially, the public outside of dealership service personnel really ain't got no business with TSB literature. There's two big reasons as to why:

1. Liability. Ford doesn't want you screwing around with your truck per a TSB, only to either damage your truck further or worse yet, damage yourself. In today's world, people get sued over spitting on the sidewalk. Hence the "intended for trained service personnel only" disclaimer on TSBs. Also keep in mind that in a nutshell, a TSB is nothing but a job aid to shortcut diagnostic times wherever possible; it's engineering's SWAG as to what may or may not fix the problem.

2. The All Mighty Dollar. Why can't you get the full text of TSBs for free? Well, Ford has a company that handles licensing of all their TSBs, known as the Beanstalk Group (whether or not that's their real name, I dunno, just relaying what I've heard). They charge a fee to sites to handle and distribute TSBs as that site sees fit...and obviously, they charge a fee to cover overhead to purchase the rights to shuffle these bulletins out.

Old 06-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah, but a password at FMCDealer.com helps too!

Old 06-23-2005, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Shhhhh...

Old 06-24-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Speaking of which OASIS is nice, i like the warranty info and tech notes

Old 06-24-2005, 07:49 AM
Originally Posted by Quintin
...public outside of dealership service personnel really ain't got no business with TSB literature...Ford doesn't want you screwing around with your truck per a TSB, only to either damage your truck further or worse yet, damage yourself.
I spent good money on my truck. If, and when I decide to work on it myself (regardless if it's still under warranty or not), I should have access to all the troubleshooting information that the manufacturer has compiled.

They charge a fee to sites to handle and distribute TSBs as that site sees fit...and obviously, they charge a fee to cover overhead to purchase the rights to shuffle these bulletins out.
That's the part I have a problems with. I already paid for the vehicle. And if Ford made a vehicle that was perfect and never broke down except due to user error/abuse, then things would be different. But as it stands, they're products are not (anywhere near) perfect, and when they find out about design/engineering/manufacturing problems, we should have access to that information.

[rant off]

Old 06-24-2005, 01:10 PM

Doesn't matter what you spent, Ford doesn't want to get sued in case someone mangles themselves performing repair procedures per a TSB. And most TSBs are fly by night deals anyways, they may work, they may not work, some of them require special tools and equipment to perform, and so on.

Old 06-24-2005, 01:47 PM
Doesn't matter what you spent, Ford doesn't want to get sued in case someone mangles themselves performing repair procedures
What the he!! are you saying? Maybe they should put a special lock on the hood so I can't change my oil (I could burn myself)...

Old 06-24-2005, 02:16 PM

I like how you left the rest of my quote off there. Let me reiterate:

Ford doesn't want to get sued in case someone mangles themselves performing repair procedures per a TSB.
Big difference between factory service bulletins and normal maintenance. Once more: TSBs are intended for use by trained (yes, I know that part is up for debate, but that's another thread) service technicians at the dealership level. That aside, #2 is the main reason why you don't get the full text of TSBs for free. Money.

If it'll really make you feel better, I'll E-mail you the text of a specific TSB if you wish. Just don't twist my words around.

Last edited by Quintin; 06-24-2005 at 02:19 PM.

Quick Reply: TSB's