2004 - 2008 F-150

Thank you so much Chris Adams

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much Chris Adams

I just wanted to thank you for your advise/directions on the FX4 cluster swop. Were it not for you I never would have attempted to do this myself. As it turned out, it was so easy that I can't believe I contemplated paying someone to do it for me. The most difficult part for me was getting the darn top dash piece free. Just one question, there is an F for the temp but no temp readout, will this be available to me once Ford programs the new cluster for me? As it is now I don't seem to have an info center, just the odometer and trip readouts which is what I had before. I'm stoked!

Thanks again
Scott Pavao

For all you XL/STX guys, this is a mod well worth doing and it is a piece of cake. I was able to do it in about 40 minutes and 15 of them were spent fooling with the dash piece. FYI when pulling the top dash pc off, you need to release the clips that are on the sides facing you then the pc will more easily come forward. I believe there are five clips two on the front sides and three on the back all of which you need to pull towards you and once free then lift up.
JSYK, I paid 225.00 for the cluster brand new with the mileage programmed for me on eBay.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:25 PM
So they program whatever mileage you tell them, then your mileage just picks up where you left off after the install? Was it a private seller or someone that has more brand new ones on ebay? What did you type in the search box. Oh yeah, and where's the pics?

Old 06-18-2005, 12:50 AM
05stx

05STX: "So they program whatever mileage you tell them, then your mileage just picks up where you left off after the install? Was it a private seller or someone that has more brand new ones on ebay? What did you type in the search box. Oh yeah, and where's the pics?"

You need to find a vendor who can program your mileage at the sale. I had 30,000 miles on my truck so when he shipped the cluster, I had him program in 31,000 on the new one and just installed it when I was close to that #.

I do believe there are a few different vendors who will put them up for auction whenever available. I bid on this item about 6 different times before finally winning one.

This has been done so many times now that I did not think pics were necessary but I will post them anyway as I took pics of the whole process of dismantalling the dash.

I typed in "04 FX4 cluster" in the eBay motors section. Also check instrument clusters or gauges

Scott

Old 06-18-2005, 12:57 AM
pictures??,

Old 06-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey Scott 7065, glad it worked out. It's been so many months since I yanked my IP that I wasn't sure I was giving it very clear. Your post helps anyone else that wants to do it.

On my STX there was no compass sender, nor a temp sender. When they programed it, those things just went away. I did ask the guys about adding the two senders but it was above their knowledge level. Didn't care that much as my Scangauge gives me air intake temp and my GPS tells me which way I'm going.

Chris

Quick Reply: Thank you so much Chris Adams