2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 Screw, going in for service. Questions:

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Screw, going in for service. Questions:

Hey guys, I called the dealership to setup a time to reflash my computer with TSB 04-21-14.

I was hoping I could just pop in, they'd reflash the sucker, and I could do some nice burnouts this weekend.

NOPE.

They made me schedule an appointment to determine the cause of the sluggishness. (like I don't already know) As I've said previously, I LOVE MY TRUCK! There's nothing wrong with it... just "areas of opportunity" as my old boss used to say.

So anyway, I have to drop it off at the dealership Monday morning at 8am. I'm thinking about having them lube the slip yoke too. That is, if they tell me they won't just let me wait on the TSB.

Anyway, I hate to leave my baby there... but if I have to, I might as well do it up. Are there any other TSBs or anything I need to have them look at? It doesn't shake and it doesn't seem to have the cam phasor problem. In fact, I'm afraid they'll drop the driveshaft and cause it to shake, although it is just the iron (or steel?) driveshaft.

It's a 2005 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4 with 3.73s and Limited Slip (tow and go package)

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-17-2005, 04:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If it ain't broke...

Generally under warranty, dealers aren't gonna be looking hard for problems to "fix" on your truck, because it jacks the figures up on their 126 report and runs the risk of them coming under audit if their repair figures are too high.

Old 06-17-2005, 04:15 PM
that's the thing...

I don't want them to "look" for anything. I just want the reflash! Wham Bam Thank you ma'am!

I NEED MORE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!one!!!one!!!!11 11

Old 06-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Sharad

I NEED MORE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!one!!!one!!!!11 11
--------------------------------------------------------------

In that case just call Troyer ( search ) and you'll be good to go .

Old 06-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I had mine in for re-flash for throttle lag . All they did was waste my time. They actually wound up re-flashing for erratic idle, which did absoultly nothing for throttle response. I now have X cal which took all of 15min to download. Throttle lag it TOTALLY gone!

From what I 've read, lubing the slip dosen't work ( at least not very long). Mine does the same thing. For some reason though I notice it a lot less since the tuner. I don't believe it do be harmful to anything, so I'm not worrying about it.

Old 06-17-2005, 10:22 PM
I'm seriously thinking about cancelling the appt.

Between the fact that several people have said those things didn't help their trucks, and the fact that just the thought of a complete stranger driving my truck is freaking me out... I think I may just have to wait for my Xcal2.

Last edited by Sharad; 06-17-2005 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:28 PM
Don't worry about "a complete stranger" driving your truck, if you ever have any problem they need to road test to debug, they're gonna drive it anyway. It's only a truck, albeit a nice one, but still. If it were say a 600HP Mustang Cobra or your S351 yeah I might think differently about it, but they're not out to run miles up on your truck, they're there to do their job; so don't cancel your appointment on that.

As far as your sluggishness, mine was too when I got it and it had 11,000 miles on it. They verified it was sluggish (very sluggish at that, wouldn't accelerate, just down shift then accelerate) and it turned out to be the fuel pressure setting so they didn't reflash it at all, just adjusted the setting and it made a HUGE difference on my truck. I however haven't mentioned this TSB to them in regards to my idle...

Quick Reply: 2005 Screw, going in for service. Questions: