2004 - 2008 F-150

Rear Power Window

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Power Window

Hey guys, I have had my truck at the shop about 5 times for the rear window. They have replaced everything, but today it doesn't open again. Any one got any ideas? They have replaced the track, the cable, the button, etc.....

Thanks for any help you can give!

Old 06-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Mine does ir evry once in a while. I will hit the switch and nothing. I do down the road a ways and try it again and open says me. I can not take it in when it does it for it usually opens within a few minutes so if I take it they will not see it. I was thinking that the contacts for the switch may need to be cleaned but do not know how to take that panel apart.

Any one know how to get to that and the map bulbs with out dropping the headliner? If so I will try it and let you know.

Old 06-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Suspended
Which one the rear power slider or one of the rear side windows? My rear drivers side window is messed up. Half of the window has some clear sticky stuff all over it, and it makes noise some times, and when its all the way down the front part of the window actually sticks up out of the door a little bit. Anyone know what could be wrong?

Old 06-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by tx-import
Mine does ir evry once in a while. I will hit the switch and nothing. I do down the road a ways and try it again and open says me. I can not take it in when it does it for it usually opens within a few minutes so if I take it they will not see it. I was thinking that the contacts for the switch may need to be cleaned but do not know how to take that panel apart.

Any one know how to get to that and the map bulbs with out dropping the headliner? If so I will try it and let you know.
Same thing here. I thought I was just pushing the button the wrong way the first time. Another ghost in the machine. By and large the truck's running great though.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
I have the same problem.....it seems when I hit the passenger window lock button first, then try to open it, it works. Then switch it back to unlock, and it works again as well. Strange thing is, it will not open initially when switched to unlock....weird stuff.

This seems to be pretty consistant for me when i run into the back window not opening. Anyone else want to give it a try?

Old 06-09-2005, 05:37 PM
I had a problem with my drivers side window, when it would go down but not back up, but sometimes it would go up with out a problem. It ended up being the motor, had to replace it. Don't know what else to tell you. Good luck.

Old 06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Mine is the rear power window. Not sure any one know how to get in to the little assembly at the map lights. I need to get in there any way some how I have a little spider in there and need to get him out and while I am there I will try to clean the contacts on the switch to see if it helps any...worth a shot. Hopefully someone knows how to get in there with out dropoing the entire headliner. Any suggestions...and yes I looked inthe book did not find it but will look again this weekend.

Thumper,
I have a sound like a light tinny rattel every once in a while, but it usually goes away before I can investigate.

I love the truck...my first Ford...just need a few things worked out .....I am really annal so I belive most of it is more than likely that....but what do you do.

Trending Topics

Old 06-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Rear Window not working...

Took mine to thedealer and they replaced the motor. THis was about 6 weeks ago and havent had a n issue since then.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:55 PM
I have had the same problem with my rear slider on numerous occassions. I notice it happens normally after I have washed it. I believe the black rubber molding is sticking to the outside window glass and preventing the motor from opening the window. I am now in the habit of opening and closing the window after the truck has been washed and the rear window and seals are dry. That seems to have helped, it doesn't happen very often anymore.

Old 06-25-2005, 11:45 AM
TX-IMPORT

If you grab the assy that your dome lights and switch/switches are in and pull straight down it will come out without having to take the headliner down. The assy is held in by two metal clips!

Old 06-27-2005, 11:10 AM
mwheue

I will give it a try today hoepfully. Thanks.

Old 06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
That's one thing I'm glad I didn't get. For some reason, when I ordered the truck I said to myself, "I'd like the power rear slider, but for some reason I forsee problems with it." Now there is this plus the rattle problem.

Quick Reply: Rear Power Window