2004 - 2008 F-150

Front end dropped after 22000km?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front end dropped after 22000km?

I went to my local Ford dealer today and just for ****s and giggles I parked beside the exact same truck as mine, Scab FX4 Flareside, only difference was this one was red and a 2005. I got out and looked at the front of the trucks and my mirror was about 1 inch lower that the other truck. I checked the other truck and no leveling kit of any kind and the ground was perfectly level. Does the suspension wear out and sag that quickly, or were the 2005's set up a bit differently? I also went and drove this truck to compare the two because I am having some problems with mine (Throttle hesitation, lack of power, rattles and sqeaks), wow what a difference. The throttle response was the biggest difference, I would touch the throttle just a little bit and the truck would rev and go, my truck I have to push the throtle down about 1/2 inch before anything happens. If anyone knows about the front suspension thing feel free to help me out.

My Gallery

Old 06-08-2005, 02:06 AM
i don't claim to be any kind of mechanic at all, but if you change the shocks would it fix the problem? hopefully someone who knows about this stuff will chime in.

Old 06-08-2005, 10:35 AM
When I bought my truck I looked at several identically equiped trucks sitting right next to each other. There was a difference in front end height between some of them. In fact my front end is over an inch shorter than some of the taller ones (identical trucks except color) according to my tape measure. I can't explain the diference except to say I certainly noticed one.

About your throtttle lag, mine did that as well. I told the dealer about it and asked for a "reflash" which is an updated reprogramming of the computer and it solved the problem. Good luck.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shocks do not change ride height - only dampening rate. Springs however do sag a bit over time - which will lower your truck just a bit. You will also find slight differneces in ride height between trucks due to production tolerances on springs. In short, don't worry.

Quick Reply: Front end dropped after 22000km?