2004 - 2008 F-150

foam in defrost vent

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
foam in defrost vent

On my right center windshield defrost vent, a long rectangluar piece of foam has appeared. One side seems to be slightly sticky. If I push it back down it blocks most of the air.

What is this? I'm sure I can just cut it out, but is this some sort of seal or anti-squeek something or other?

Thanks,
mikebaby

PS. My local dealership paints worse than the factory.

Old 03-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Did your truck have its shots? Foaming at the vent is always a concern.

Old 03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Mike, I've had the same piece of foam start coming out as well in mine. Same exact spot as yours from the sound of it. I just stuffed it back under the lip of the dash and haven't had any problems with it since. The sticky stuff is sticking.

Old 03-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned
I had that part of my dash off a few times. I had a bunch of black retagular foam parts on the right side of the window on the underneath the dash that goes inbetween the dash and the front window. I think they are there to keep the plastic of the dash from rubbing on the front window which would cause squeaks. You can move those peices pretty easy, just pull up the platic part that sits over the vents on the dash, there held in by 6 clips. Then you can get the peice out of the way of the vent.

Quick Reply: foam in defrost vent