2004 - 2008 F-150

sun roof or dvd - value opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof all the way. DVD can always be added. Also increases value of truck. $20 or so.
You will not regret it.....unless you leave it open while it is raining or go thru the car wash with it open.
You will learn not to do that ever again...real quick.

Good luck on your choice.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Tmuenster, SURE go ahead and use a sensible approach why don't you.

Seriously, though you are exactly right. I have also heard that for dollar for dollar leather is a horrible option when it comes to getting more out of a vehicle. And, yes there is no such thing as looking at a vehicle for return on investment. You are going to get screwed when you sell it one way or the other. I just resigned to the approach to be as comfortable as possible while I own a vehicle (that and I drive 30-35k a year).

After thinking about it. If you have kids do your self a favor and get the DVD. Not only will you get a nice truck that you will be proud of, you will get something the wife and kids will enjoy too. Its a win win for you. I was just as happy that my daughter liked my truck than my wife. My daughter thinks the window right behind her opening to let air in is the coolest thing on earth.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I fully agree with everyone here, the Moonroof is the clear choice. You can always ad the useless DVD player at any time. Dash DVD players are easier to watch while you are driving down the highway. I have the Alpine. The moon roof can not be added aftermarket with the same level of perfection and quality that Ford puts into factory installed moonroofs.

Get the Moonroof

Old 03-04-2005, 08:40 AM
HOLLY TECHNOLOGY BATMAN!!!

What the heck do you do that involves that much BS in driving. They bitch about people on cell phones....heck your watching internet **** and stalking old girlfriends

OH< AND SURFING

F150online.....DUDE TOO MUCH.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Well I'm chiming in for the DVD. The Stock may not be the best available but when tied to the audiophile, the kids listen to the DVD and I still get my CD player.

With no kids maybe go for the moonroof but if you got kids it is worth every penny. I wouldn't trade mine in for a moon roof, no way. Those trips camping are soooo much easier now.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:23 AM
MOONROOF, MOONROOF, MOONROOF!

I don't know what I would do without mine. I crack the moonroof up (not drop and open) and crack the rear electric window (love that too) and you get an excellent breeze through the cab and it doesn't blow your papers and whatnot around the inside. And it's much quieter than rolling down the windows so you can crank that Audiophile

Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by jhogan
I'd go with the DVD system in the overhead rail system. My reasoning for this is I have two kids and it is something I wish I had explored. I don't like the idea of dropping $1000 on one after market.

If you don't have kids, then I would go for sunroof.
Um up in Canada the DVD option from from Ford costs $1,790. I can get an aftermarket DVD player with 2 monitors in the head rests as well as a monitor up front installed for less.

Trev

Old 03-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Ditto for sunroof and if you plan on keeping the truck buy do not lease..If you do lease get both sunroof and dvd shouldn't add much to a payment.

Old 03-05-2005, 11:07 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Moonroof. Easy decision.

Old 03-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Blues001
I fully agree with everyone here, the Moonroof is the clear choice. You can always ad the useless DVD player at any time. Dash DVD players are easier to watch while you are driving down the highway. I have the Alpine. The moon roof can not be added aftermarket with the same level of perfection and quality that Ford puts into factory installed moonroofs.

Get the Moonroof

Another vote for the roof, because..
Sheez, you have the 15.4" WUXGA Dell DVD player! No Ford or Alpine unit can match that one.
Nice command center there, I like it.

Quick Reply: sun roof or dvd - value opinions??