2004 - 2008 F-150

Monster FM Modulator for Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Monster FM Modulator for Ipod

Has anybody tried the Monster iCarPlay wireless plus for there Ipod. I want to hook mine up and since FM modulation is the only way to go right now I want a good one. I like this one because it charges the Ipod and doesn't use battaries like the belkin. It is kind of expensive so I was hoping I could find someone to give me a recommendation before buying it. I live in a rural area with lots of free radio stations so I should get a decent sound out of the thing if I works good. If anybody knows of a better product let me know.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:37 PM
I love mine!

I have the iCarPlay for my iPod and it works great. I actually splurged for the more expensive one that lets you tune in any station that you want to. It also has three presets that you can set for your favorite "fuzzy" stations.

If you're looking for a holder, I would also suggest the Belkin cup holder thingie. It fits flush with the cupholder and is very sturdy. It has a clip on the back to hold the wire for your charger/modulator and helps make the whole set up look pretty clean.

I'll try to post some pics tonight if I can...

Old 03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Glad to hear it works well, very interested in adding the iPod to my truck! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Backlash you read my mind I was planning on the Belkin cup holder to hold my ipod I would love to see pics of yours if you can. Does the cup holder take the large or small base to make it fit and does it fit inside your stock cup or does it replace the stock cup? I guess I will probably go ahead and get both of these products with the next pay check. Thanks

Old 03-02-2005, 05:01 PM
The Belkin large cup fits inside of the truck cup holder. The best part is that the wife has a Liberty and the small cup fits the cup holder in the Lib. All I have to do is unscrew the cup out of the truck and screw in the small one to fit the Jeep.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I have an ITRIP and I love it...you can take it everywhere!!!

Old 03-02-2005, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty happy with the iTrip for my mini, as well.

Old 03-02-2005, 05:50 PM
My friend paid $50 for the monster fm mod. and honestly it sounds horrible. I bought a belkin tunecast II for $20 after doing some research and im really happy with it. I actually parked two cars down from him and he we were just curious to see if i could hear his and if he could hear mine. He could here mine better than his in his own car. The results were Belkin Tunecast with a score of 9.5 and the monster with a score of about 3.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Ok, here are the pics of the Belkin cup holder mount in place. Don't make fun of the dirty interior. I haven't cleaned it since the puppy had her check up.

Old 03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
I have the same setup - Belkin cup holder and the Monster FM Mod. The only difference is that I use the other front cup holder closer to the center console. I then run the cable into the center console and plug the FM Mod in the backseat cig lighter. Console lid closes fine and it looks sharp also.

Old 03-03-2005, 10:38 PM
I have the Monster iCarPlay with the Belkin cup iPod cup holder. I just bought it when I got my BRAND NEW truck the other week. I used to drive an '03 Toyota Camry SE but then I decided to put away my childish things and buy a real vehicle.

Anyway, the FM Transmitter sounds great, and is very compact, but there are a few things I am not super happy about with my setup. First of all, the red lights on the charger and FM transmitter are annoying. I wish I could turn them off or put the charger in such a way where they are not as visible.

Secondly, since the XLT has a column mounted shifter, the cup holders in the captains chairs aren't as well suited for iPods (they run widthwise as versus lengthwise) and I don't want to use the fold out holders in the dash because they cut into my leg space (I am 6'7")...

The setup isn't as slick as Backlash's rig. Though I aspire to find a solution that may be a bit more elegant than what I currently have and maybe not use one of my cup holders... I'll have to see what's out there.

Any suggestions or pictures of setups for XLT w/ captains chairs owners?

Cheers!

(Yay my first post)

Quick Reply: Monster FM Modulator for Ipod