2004 - 2008 F-150

I am a little confused........

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a little confused........

Just got my baby back from the body shop this week after getting hit in a parking lot (right two doors and rear quarter panel)...

Well when I got it back I couldnt believe how sluggish and SLOW the thing was. I also noticed my trip odometer was reset as well. Do body shops normally unplug your battery while they are working?

I just figured if they did, that it reset my PCM and it is having to relearn my driving habits.....

Am i on the right track here? I am just a little confused how she got so slow after being in the body shop.........

Old 02-06-2005, 02:40 PM
I would assume yes, working on the doors means the interior lights would be on, so they probably disconnected the battery. I think thats pretty much standard operating procedure.

Old 02-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Don't know why they'd disconnect the battery They didn't set the parking brake and leave it did they?

Scott

Old 02-06-2005, 02:56 PM
They disconnect the battery because when they weld the panels on they have to ground the welder to the truck. If the battery is connected then it's bye, bye PCM.

Disconnecting the battery protects your EXPENSIVE computer.

Old 02-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep just have to relearn your driving habbits. Hey COFx4....how does it look once its been repainted? I had also had an accident where i was hit and had to replace the front quarter panel, drivers door, fix the second door and the box side. Now i can see little waves all down the side of the truck. Pisses me off when the body shop swore to me it would look better than before. I dont know if its paint waves or just the sheet metal that has the waves. My dad's 04 was keyed on the box sided and was repainted and looks awesome. Must be the guy i went to.

Old 02-06-2005, 04:43 PM
when you get you pmc reflashed or disconnected does it really make the truck slower. i know it has to realearn. also is the pmc the nice one where it keeps realearning or the one where it learns you driving habit and then stays that way?I drove my truck like a sports car when i first got it. that probably explains the low gas milage and tons of power i get now.i have to get it reflashed though because of my throttle lag

Old 02-06-2005, 07:04 PM
tryto- The paint job was pretty good...you can tell its not the same paint job as the factory if you get really close and stare at it...it is hard to explain, the new paint looks more "grainy" than the old paint- you can still see small grains on the factory paint but the new paint just has a more grainy look to it....but after a couple coats of wax it should look awesome...overall i am just glad its fixed....my truck is black and i'v heard guys say it is a difficult color to get perfect because it is so easy to see imperfections..........