2004 - 2008 F-150

Kicker BOX

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicker BOX

I have two Kicker C12s with a mounting depth of 5 3/4". Is there anyway I'll be able to put em under the back seat? Also where are you guys putting your jack?

Old 02-06-2005, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who needs a stinking jack? Tunes!!!
I bought a box with a 4.625" mount for some 10's, Problem, as my subs require 5". I popped off the back cover and shimmed in a 1/2" spacer, glued and nailed back together. Now I'm too tight. I removed some of the speaker offset on the bottom and now the subs hit the carpet at higher volumes (in my case, all the time). If you really want to fight the space you could put in an offset spacer for the seat mounts and buy the bigger box, or recess the magnet a bit into the MDF (There might be a bumps in the seat).
I didn’t want to go through the hassle of ripping out the back seat so I milled the heat sinks of the amp a bit and it fits nice nice under passenger. I'm using the stock head unit into high inputs but there's a high-pitched wine that I'm trying to trace. Origins I believe are alternator but I need to filter or shield this somehow. Luckily I ran my wire on top of carpet for now until I’m happy with setup.
As far as the jack I would like to find somewhere underside. Maybe a large freezer bag wrapped with heavy duty wire ties. Or if that doesn’t work I may mount inside the bed.

Quick Reply: Kicker BOX