2004 - 2008 F-150

Paint Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint Problems?

My 2004 Screw seems to chip / scratch when ever the wind blows. I' ve had my truck since January 2004 and have only taken it thru a car wash twice, every other wash has been by hand. Every time I look at the body I find new scratches. I had my 97 F150 for 7 years and never had as many scratches.

Is anyone was having paint issues? The color of my truck is the Dark Toedor Red.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Banned
Re: Paint Problems?

Originally posted by Kozwald
My 2004 Screw seems to chip / scratch when ever the wind blows. I' ve had my truck since January 2004 and have only taken it thru a car wash twice, every other wash has been by hand. Every time I look at the body I find new scratches. I had my 97 F150 for 7 years and never had as many scratches.

Is anyone was having paint issues? The color of my truck is the Dark Toedor Red.
The only problems I had with the paint is from going through car washes with the brushes. There were many white marks on my true blue finish and I was mad! I acually got an oil change the same day from my dealer and had them take it through a car wash after wards! After they ran it through there car wash, I told them these scratches were not there before you took it through your wash, so they took it the same day and got it all buffed out for me! HEHE I'm so bad

Old 02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I've got the Toreador red as well and no problems, BUT, I don't go through the washes with those brushes. I go to a coin op wand wash in the winter, the only thing touching the paint is water. In the summer I use a nice thick wash mitt and LOTS of soap, rinsing the mitt often in the bucket, and rinsing the truck often as I go.

My Gallery

Old 02-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Paint Problems?

Originally posted by Kozwald

Where are you predominantly seeing these paint issues?

RP

Old 02-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Mainly the hood, a couple of scrapes on the sides.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:55 PM
weak paint!

Kozwald, I have the same problem with my black paint. If someone leans on the side of my truck there will be a scratch. not only that but there are swirl marks all over my truck already. I'm not sure if this truck ever got clear coated. I don't let anyone at work or my kids get near my truck anymore because I know it will have a new scratch if I do. It's exhausting. I've thought about bringing it back to the dealer but who has the time to fight with them.

Scott

Old 02-08-2005, 03:30 PM
I too have the Dark Toreador Red. I have a few minor scratches
in the clear coat since winter set in, ( from cleaning off snow ) but
nothing that a good detaiing session come the spring won't fix.
You should really try to refrain from sending it through a car wash
with the brushes ( or for that matter ) the dumba$$ed spinning
cloth things, they practically ruined the clear coat on my Jeep.
BUT i just got lucky 'cuz I found a place ( totally by accident ) that
is touchless. It uses the manual power wash idea with an automated laser directed machine... Totally awesome.. For $8. I
can get a 95 % cleaning and I just detail the rest with my wash
cloth, a little extra water ( I bring it along in a bottle ) and my
drying towels ......
A Godsend of a machine... EVERY CITY AND TOWN NEEDS ONE !

Trending Topics

Old 02-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Same here. I didn't get any touch up paint either.

I can understand usual wear and tear, but this is different then usual wear and tear. My truck is babied. Hand washed, and waxed. The lil chips I have noticed in mine are in the front fenders, above the wheel wells, and look like a rock chip. I live in town, and have never had it off road. I have a couple on my painted bumper, but I know where those are coming from. But, I dont know where the fender chips are coming from. Anybody have an idea.

Time to get those pearl white ghost flames I have always wanted.

Quick Reply: Paint Problems?