2004 - 2008 F-150

Front Door Panel and HU removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Door Panel and HU removal

Ok, Ive searched the audio section but have yet to hear anything on our Scab. I want to remove the headunit. What is the easiest way and where do i start? How are the front door panels removed for speaker removal? I havnt looked yet but maybe just the grille's need to be popped off or does the door panel need to be removed from the rear doors? More details the better!

For those of you that are curious Im installing:
*4 6x8 4 way Pioneers
*5 channel MTX amp
*JL Audio 10W3v2 D2
*Q-Logic custom fit box
*Eclipse 5303R

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2005, 02:01 AM
i would check the specs on that 10w3v2 before you either buy it or try to put it in, i used to have those and i remember them being pretty deep subs. i could be wrong... hopefully, because if it works i would probley do the same setup

Old 02-04-2005, 02:03 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If you do a search you will come up with a bunch of usefull info, but i recall this as a pretty good step by step directions for the head unit removal.

Done by ScottFcasni

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...=radio+removal

Hope this helps you out.
Trev

Old 02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
on the front door, the speaker grille just pops off, but not the back. i thought because the front popped off so would the back, wrong, i broke the damn thing. you have to take off the whole "skin" on the rear door.

i did this a while ago, but i will try and remember....

if you look at the window on your rear doors there is plastic moulding on either side of the window. start with the one closest to the hinge pop this off. it is held in with clips. i think there is a bolt or two under there holding the lower portion of the door skin. the handle that you use to open the door has to come off. i think the plastic on the other side of the window is attached to the lower plastic (all one piece) but i can't remember.

all the way at the bottom of the door (get on your knees) there are two more bolts. i think i missed one or two but can't remember where (maybe behind the handel on the inside of the door (armrest).

you should be able to figure out from this point. once you have all the bolts removed lift the whole panel straight up and it should come right out.

Last edited by 04fx4Scab; 02-04-2005 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Banned
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 04fx4Scab
[B]on the front door, the speaker grille just pops off, but not the back. i thought because the front popped off so would the back, wrong, i broke the damn thing. you have to take off the whole "skin" on the rear door.

LOL I thought the same thing on the back door. I thought it poped off just like the front! I broke the damn thing also!! Nothing super glue can't fix! haha

Old 02-05-2005, 12:15 AM
here's some pic's of the removal of the rear doors to get to the speakers

http--www.f150online.com-galleries-albumview.cfmnum=4897

Quick Reply: Front Door Panel and HU removal