2004 - 2008 F-150

How bad is your vibration?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How bad is your vibration?

im going to take my truck in soon for the numerous problems (rough idle,throttle lag, and ripples in the door) and i notice that at highway speeds it has a small vibrations. nothing huge but enough for me to notice. Is anyone elses like this or is it worse?i dont know if i should tell them considering i will get the i dont feel it response.

Old 02-02-2005, 09:28 PM
No vibrations, truck is perfect!

LOVE my truck!

Old 02-02-2005, 09:30 PM
when i got my exhaust put on today the guy printed out some reports that goes through the ford dealerships. The reports include any problem that they see worth noting and they give them out to autoshops to help with the problems. Well the guy was looking up my truck because I asked him what he thought. And there was a subject on vibrations of the F150s and it had a !! at the end of it. I guess it is becoming important if ford even posts on their reports it is a problem. i havent had any vibrations yet i am only at 2500miles.. We'll see

Last edited by Ford Man Dan; 02-02-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:31 PM
No vibs at all! loving my truck!

YOMAN!
(knock on wood!)

Old 02-03-2005, 01:02 PM
madtrucker...if y'all follow this forum regularly or use search, you'll find numerous threads re: '04-05 vibes. Many, if not most, relate to the 45-65 mph vibe addressed by TSB 04-3-3. This vibe is the one that disappears when shifting to neutral or disengaging OD.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:16 PM
My truck has a minor cyclic vibration that starts about 50 mph and peaks at 66 mph. It sort of goes whuuummp whuuummp whuuummp and it disappears when I take my foot off the accelerator. I think it might be ring and pinion related. What do you think? It seems if it were the driveshaft or tires, it would do it whether I was accelerating or coasting.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:05 PM
can you give me a link to that tsb? how do yall find these? what website do people go on to find this? thanks

Trending Topics

Old 02-03-2005, 10:13 PM
I have what I like to call a " ghost vibe". Sometimes it lets you know it's there, sometimes you feel noting. Always around 50-61 or 62 mph it shows up. Sometimes it's so bad, I can put a pop can in the center console between the seats and watch the can rattle around. I drive 30 miles to work one way, if I drive with my left hand on the wheel and rest my elbow on the door, my whole arm will be numb by the time I get to work. Other times I can feel it thru my whole body so bad that if my mouth is closed, it will rattle my teeth. Then there are times when I don't feel anything. I have yet to take it in, after reading on these boards, I wonder it there is a fix or not. Sounds like Ford is just throwing stuff at it and hoping it works. If not, throw something different at it. Don't really feel like losing the use of my truck for no telling how long for nothing. I'll go up one ay and talk to the service dept and see what they can tell me.

Old 02-06-2005, 12:36 PM
I have numerous vibrations. I have one when excelerating from 0 to 20 mph. it is so bad that the hood jumps up and down and the wipers hop off of the windsheild. I have the 45 to 65 mph vibe I can feel in the seat. 65 to 75 mph the steering wheel shutters. I also had the ripples in the back doors ( supercab) It was caused by the sound dampening material inside the door shrinkng up. The fix is to heat the doors to 180 degrees and remove the patch and installing a new one. Make sure to check the operation of the back windows after the repair. Mine make a grunting sound when I roll them up, so it is going back into the shop.

Old 02-06-2005, 02:20 PM
No vibrations here, just a little steering wheel nibble that goes away. Great Truck!!

Old 02-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Personally, I dealt for many years with a similar problem with a late-80's F-250 4X4. It was nothing more than tires and I have never had a truck more sensitive to tires either. Just a little out of balance would do the massive vibration experience - off and on - hard to duplicate most of the time, speed varied some too. The kind of pavement mattered a lot as well.

The only tires I ever had on that truck that were problem-free were a couple of sets of Bridgestone highway tread tires. They weren't perfect for the conditions the truck was driven in and it got stuck twice in mud with them on, but at least it rode smoothly ALL the time.

I think these new F-150 trucks are way too sensitive to the slightest imperfection. And, tires are usually not perfect. Good luck with keeping these trucks riding smoothly. I don't envy you as I have been there before myself. The tire shops will generally blow you off - not my tires, it's your truck.

The best thing you can do is buy the tires at the Ford dealer - it's their tires and their truck. At least at my dealer, their tire prices are very competitive.

Quick Reply: How bad is your vibration?