2004 - 2008 F-150

One Year Update!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking One Year Update!!

January 29 is officially 1 year since I bought my '04 XLT and I thought I would take this opportunity to tell all of you my impressions about this truck.
Two winters, 13,000 miles later and I love my F150 as much today as the day I brought her home. The recent blizzards that blew through here on new years really showed me what these trucks are made of. It was the first chance for me to really test the 4x4 capabilities. I have to say I never really found anything deep enough to stop my truck. If it started slowing down shifting to 4 low always got me through, or out. I did get stuck in my driveway, coming home from work, but some rocking in 4 low moved me out and then straight up the driveway into the garage.

It continues to be vibe free (was never really worried about it though), and there are no rattles or noises that cause any great concern. Nothing I'm going to run to the dealership for anyway. I have learned one thing about owning a 4x4. 4 wheels spinning on an icy road results in a sideways crab like movement towards the nearest snowbank. The only way to really control it is to deftly work the throttle to steer through. That or keep it in 2 wheel but where's the fun in that?

Mileage has levelled out at about 14-17 around town and about 17-20 on the highway. With current gas prices here in Winnipeg, it's costing me about $45.00 a week. Not bad I figure considering what I'm driving. Last summer I had just shy of 10 grand on the hitch and she pulled it like a champ! Keeping OD off helps I find especially when pulling up a hill. Starting from a dead stop is effortless, I almost forgot how much weight was behind me. That torque down low makes all the difference. Ford really got that piece of engineering right.

After a year or ownership this truck continues to impress, I have not once regretted buying it. I look forward to the many years of enjoyment my F150 will continue to provide.
My Gallery

Last edited by Tbird69; 01-30-2005 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:59 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any scratches? What's the paint look like?

I have to ask this type of question to either give you the thumbs up or thumbs down. It's in my blood! I can't help it!!!!

Seriously though tbird... it sounds like it's been a great year and that the truck has been solid! Congrats on the truck and thanks for all of your contributions to the forums!

RP

Old 01-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Gotta side with you there Tbird. Closed my deal 12/30/03 and 19,400 miles ago and havn't looked back! This truck is a beautiful piece of artwork and I'm loving every miunute of my ownership. Haven't had the chance to snow test it just yet, but i'm sure my time will come. We had a little the other day, but not enough to make it worthwhile. I've had some very minimal issues here and there, but overall this truck is top notch in my book!
...........................Cheers to 1 year! ..........................

Old 01-30-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by RockPick
Congrats on the truck and thanks for all of your contributions to the forums!
RP
Thanks RP! It's been my pleasure to be a member of F150 Online! This has been an incredible resource for information. I've really enjoyed talking with all the other members and look forward to more of the same.

Hmmm...I guess there are 2 things I don't regret...

Old 01-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Check out my updated gallery!

My Gallery *UPDATED*

Old 01-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Any scratches? What's the paint look like?
Well, its a truck, you got to take care of it but it's got to get a couple marks or it to show its working hard.

Old 01-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for the update - that's good to hear as I draw close to the time when I can place the order for my new Medium Wedgewood Blue beauty! Only another couple months of saving till I get there!

But I have to admit, everytime I go to the dealership to check in on the F-150's, I begin hearing mysterious voices coming from the 2005 GT Mustang section that seem to be calling out to me, "Buy me, Dave, buy me...Windveil Blue, Dave, with the dealer installed silver racing stripes...!"

Trending Topics

Old 01-30-2005, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ddellwo
But I have to admit, everytime I go to the dealership to check in on the F-150's, I begin hearing mysterious voices coming from the 2005 GT Mustang section that seem to be calling out to me, "Buy me, Dave, buy me...Windveil Blue, Dave, with the dealer installed silver racing stripes...!"
Buy the F150 Dave....Medium Wedgwood Blue....with the dealer installed DVD!...

Old 01-31-2005, 01:34 AM
I'm with you TBird. I had my 1st year anniversary on the 27th. I'm at almost 11,000 miles and have loved the truck for every single one of them. I have no complaints, no problems with the truck at all.

This is for Rock Pick...

Tonight my wife back out of the garage and scraped the side of my truck from about the rear of the front fender all the way down to the suicide door. There is no dents or major body damage to either vehicle, but I do have some minor scratches and a small paint chip on the suicide door that I am going to have to fix. Most of it will polish out tomorrow. She also has some minor scratches and a chip on her Camry.

I knew that would make you cringe.

Thankfully to f150online, I have done some searching and have learned what I need to do to fix both vehicles, so...no worries!

The truck and this site compliment each other very well. My hat is off to Steve for this site, and all you moderators for all you do and contribute!

Old 01-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Tbird69
Buy the F150 Dave....Medium Wedgwood Blue....with the dealer installed DVD!...

!

Old 02-01-2005, 07:39 AM
Hey Dave,

You and I both have good taste. I have a Medium Wedgewood blue/ Arizona Beige Lariat SuperCab and I have this.....

Old 02-01-2005, 08:51 AM
STOP IT SEACROW!!! You've just destroyed my subliminal message to Dave! I'm TRYING to steer him to the F150!

Old 02-02-2005, 08:07 AM
OH Yeah, uh, sorry Tbird69, that was the wrong pic anyway, I wanted to post this pic of my basketball hoop, that should take his mind off the Mustang.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:18 PM
That's a bad a$$ basketball goal you have there!!!! Nice trash can too

Old 02-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by seacrow
OH Yeah, uh, sorry Tbird69, that was the wrong pic anyway, I wanted to post this pic of my basketball hoop, that should take his mind off the Mustang.
That's MUCH better thank you!

Quick Reply: One Year Update!!