2004 - 2008 F-150

Did "NOT" do the Trade in to the Lariat....

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did "NOT" do the Trade in to the Lariat....

As you probably saw yesterday I was highly considering trading my XLT Supercrew in for a Lariat Supercrew. Well..heres what happend. I looked at 4 Lariats, all supercrews. there were two 2004's and 2 2005's on the lot, the 04's were used, one with 16k miles on it and the other one with 26K miles on it.

I test drove the used Lariats frist since there price is a lot lower then when brand new. My frist impression of the Lariat that had 16k miles on it was that it was junk. It looks nice inside but when test driving it 15 miles it was 10 times as worse as my truck I have now! The center console was loose, rattled back and forth...the rear view mirror was loose and vibrating anytime you drove it. Leather seats were packed down and just starting to show signs of cracking, and this thing clunked more down the road then mine did!!
The one with 26K mikes on it was a little better then the frist, the vent outside the window was hitting hard against the glass (I know dealer can fix that) The leather seats weren't as bad as the frist lariat I drove, but were very streched out. The engine in the 26K miles one had some kind of a bad knocking noise (not normal)

I went to the new Lariats that had about 3 miles on each! For some reason, the Lariats didn't blow me away like I thought they would :-( There nice looking inside, but My fully louded XLT I have now keeps looking better and better to me as I proceed to test out the new 05 Lariats. The one Lariat had a Vibration in the steering wheel that started up at 65Mph (I'm not even looking back to that truck) The second 05 Lariat was better, but it still did not have the best ride I was looking for. I'm not kidding, but I really think the XLT that I have is somehow quiter then these!

Make a long story short, I decided to keep my 04 Xlt Supercrew 2wd after I realized the problems I have now with this truck aren't as bad as they could be as I found out. Laraits are nice looking in the inside, but I found to have liked mine better though.

--------------------------was loose, rattled back and forth...the rear view mirror was loose and vibrating anytime you drove it. Leather seats were packed down and just starting to show signs of cracking, and this thing clunked more down the road then mine did!!
The one with 26K mikes on it was a little better then the frist, the vent outside the window was hitting hard against the glass (I know dealer can fix that) The leather seats weren't as bad as the frist lariat I drove, but were very streched out. The engine in the 26K miles one had some kind of a bad knocking noise (not normal)

I went to the new Lariats that had about 3 miles on each! For some reason, the Lariats didn't blow me away like I thought they would :-( There nice looking inside, but My fully louded XLT I have now keeps looking better and better to me as I proceed to test out the new 05 Lariats. The one Lariat had a Vibration in the steering wheel that started up at 65Mph (I'm not even looking back to that truck) The second 05 Lariat was better, but it still did not have the best ride I was looking for. I'm not kidding, but I really think the XLT that I have is somehow quiter then these!

Make a long story short, I decided to keep my 04 Xlt Supercrew 2wd after I realized the problems I have now with this truck aren't as bad as they could be as I found out. Laraits are nice looking in the inside, but I found to have liked mine better though.

Old 01-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
"I was upset because I did not have any shoes,
until I saw a man with no feet.
"

Old 01-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Suspended
I thought the same thing about XLTs!

Old 01-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should have gotten an '04 Heritage.

22,500+ miles....only been to the dealer once (first oil change). It's a grreat truck, best I've ever owned (even better then the 95 Eddie Bauer I had). It's not a luxury truck, its a TRUCK.

Last edited by jamzwayne; 01-28-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had to say that.

Not being disrespectful.

On a serious note....shop around a little more. You might have been at the wrong dealer at the wrong time. Try another Ford dealer near you and see what they have on the lot. You might actually find that "perfect" truck.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:07 PM
You know when you drive an XLT and jump into a Lariat....its the same truck..what exaclty were you expecting? If your argument is that one looks better than the other your smoking crack...They both look the same with some minor differences that you would not even notice from more than 10 feet away.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:12 PM
ThumperMX113, I second that!

Old 01-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Banned
Originally posted by pepatrick
You know when you drive an XLT and jump into a Lariat....its the same truck..what exaclty were you expecting? If your argument is that one looks better than the other your smoking crack...They both look the same with some minor differences that you would not even notice from more than 10 feet away.
I agree! They are they same truck. The only thing different was the trim, and well being a 4x4 as well, but I don't really need a 4x4 so it doesn't hurt me to not have it.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:40 PM
correct me if I'm wrong.... I'm sure you will .

Didn't they stop using the "quiet" steel in 2005. If so, then the 2004's should be quieter, Lariat or not.

BB

Old 01-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Banned
Originally posted by IWanna04F150
correct me if I'm wrong.... I'm sure you will .

Didn't they stop using the "quiet" steel in 2005. If so, then the 2004's should be quieter, Lariat or not.

BB
Acually they didn't stop using quiet steel at all that I know of? The only thing I heard of that was different for the 05 is some sound dampening missing from the engine bay.

Old 01-28-2005, 06:19 PM
"I agree, the only thing different was the trim...
...and as im sure everyone will agree, we can alway use more trim...

Old 01-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by anaheim
...and as im sure everyone will agree, we can alway use more trim...
Abosolutely

Old 01-28-2005, 06:48 PM
According to that "Truth about trucks" video the quiet steel is in the firewall to prevent noise from entering the cabs interior.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:06 PM
My '05 seems to have plenty of quiet steel and sound deadening. I swear there are a bunch of nancy-boys that want to buy a truck that isn't a real truck. If that's you then please get rid of your f-150 and buy a Lexus RX330 or some junk.

Old 01-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Unhappy

I wish I had never seen this thread.
I have been a happy man for six years.
Today I heard some squeaks.
They were driving me crazy.
Even worse, I looked under the truck and was horrified.
Stamped on the frame, 'NOISY STEEL'.

Quick Reply: Did "NOT" do the Trade in to the Lariat....