2004 - 2008 F-150

2004 Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Door Panel Removal

I've done a couple searches, and the only threads I find have no answers for the people that asked for help. No help in speaker section of board either that I can find.

I've seen many of you with pictures of your new speakers and such in your 04-05s. How did you remove the panels covering the speakers without damaging them? Pictures of the process would be invaluable, but a good written guide would suffice, and I'll take pics while I do it and post them later!

I also went to installdr.com and found nothing for 2004s.

Thanx!

Old 11-28-2004, 11:19 AM
Old 11-28-2004, 12:18 PM
The front doors you do not need to remove the whole panel. Bust out your trusty pocket knife and pry off the speaker grill with a little TLC.

If you wish to remove the whole thing, it goes as follows:

1. Two screws on the bottom of door.
2. Two more behind a little plate behind the door handle. Again, pry with a pocket knife.
3. Take that same knife and pry up your window controls. The whole panel, not the switches themselves, duh.
4. Once that's done, remove the screw that's hiding underneath the controls...
5. Now, I've assumed you've already remove teh 5x7 in the door, and remove the little plastic pegs it was screwed to.
5. Now, lift UP on the door panel. The panel is hung to the door, so it's up and out! Last thing you'll need to do is take your trusty pocket knife and pop out the door handle (done from the back of the panel).

Ta-da!

Rear doors are simliar, but there is no need for the speaker grill (since it can't be done). You'll have an extra screw behind the trim next to the window. Just grab onto it and pull like hell. It'll pop off.

Old 11-28-2004, 02:29 PM
If you search door panels there is a great post, step by step on how to take them off I printed it and took mine off this morning. The post is labeled NEED TO REPLACE DRIVERS SIDE MIRROR

Old 11-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Thanks Folks!!!

Grabbing the trusty pocket knife now!

Blessings!

Quick Reply: 2004 Door Panel Removal