2004 - 2008 F-150

Autospring=Easy

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autospring=Easy

2 hours and I was done. (except) for the whole ball joint issue had to call my uncle to help me with that good thing he lives right down the road (hehe thought i could do it myself). I bought the 2 1/2 inch kit from autospring and right after i got done it started raining been doing that all week down here. I'll take pictures and post measurements. I have an '04 stx incase anyone wanted to know.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Congrats.... im getting ready to do the same to my stx as soon as i can. Im debating between the 2" or 2.5". Can't wait to see the photos and measurements.

Old 11-28-2004, 04:34 PM
Unhappy

Well it wasn't easy for me and I never installed it. 4-1/2 hours later into the install, I decided to quit and take the spacers out. I was unable to bring the lower control arm up to reattach it (No spring compressors). The truck was lifting off the jackstands and I didn't have a way to weigh the front of the truck down. Once the spacers were out I was able to re-assemble the control arm no problem. I guess my springs are a little stiff. Maybe others will have better luck.

Old 11-28-2004, 05:13 PM
shawk,

Congrat and nice job . I am glad it went quick for you. I ran into some problems but was able to complete it, with the help from a good friend.

Hardest part getting the two back together but I am wondering did you do one side at a time. I had both up and I think that made it harder on me for the first side.

PS I didn't have an air wrench to use on the big (tight) ones only had the thought of an ice cold one to get me through.

Well conrats can't wait to see pics.

Quick Reply: Autospring=Easy