2004 - 2008 F-150

Hope someone can help

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope someone can help

I am a new owner of an 04 FX4 SCAB and hope that somebody can help me on where a hose routes/mounts to.

I had the left rear quarter panel of my bed replaced after someone hit and ran me. To to this the bodyshop had to move my bed back a few inches to cut off the panel and rewled the new one on. Long Story short.....

There is hose that is now dangling that is connecting to a brass fitting that is attached to the left rear axle tube. The fitting is rather complex, as there are two small metal tubes coming out that route to the rear brakes on both sides. There is a ridged rubber hose that seems to route into the brake systems as well.

The smooth black hose attached to the brass fitting is the one that I can't figure out where the hose connects to.

Sorry for the ramble, but I wanted to give everyone an idea of what I see. Any help on where that hose should mount back to would be appreciated. Thanks.

Peter

Old 11-19-2004, 07:57 PM
More than likely this is a vent tube from the rear axle which can dangle sometimes... I would look at another one at your dealer to see the exact location,....

Old 11-19-2004, 09:24 PM
yeah, sounds like you're talking about the differential vent hose. It basically doesn't hook onto anything (if that is the hose you are indeed talking about). It just goes up high into the frame/body. Point of it is to allow air to vent from the differential due to temperature changes. If not for the hose, driving through water would flood your pumpkin. If the diff. was sealed, when it heated up, it would blow seals/gaskets.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:45 PM
Inbred,

Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated.

Pete

Old 11-20-2004, 12:06 AM
I just went out and looked at mine. What you are looking at is indeed the vent line. The other connections you are talking about are for the parking brake controll. If you look right above the axle, there is a crossmember welded to the bottom of the bed. There should be a barb fitting in that crossmember to take the hose...

Quick Reply: Hope someone can help