2004 - 2008 F-150

CD player issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CD player issue

So I’ve been having this really weird problem with my cd player the past two weeks. If I turn off my radio while a cd is playing and turn it back on, it plays the cd in “fast-forward” (Sounds like the Alvin and the Chipmunks) Has anyone experienced this? It doesn’t do it all the time. In fact, it’s random enough that I can’t duplicate it for the service department.

Help! I can’t stand hearing James Hetfield sound like Alvin, Simon, and Theodore….

Old 10-25-2004, 10:04 AM
Man, I can't wait 'till lunch to try that!! That's gonna be funny as hell if it works...

I'd say it's a bug and don't worry about it. If it was consistant I'd be callin' the dealer. Could have something to do with how the player buffers the song...

Old 10-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by dzervit
Could have something to do with how the player buffers the song...
What exactly are you trying to say??

When good threads go XXX Part I

Old 10-25-2004, 10:34 AM
Haven't you guy noticed that your CD player has a pretty good size buffer in it? Try this: play the last song on a CD, and the first song on the next CD will play right after it. If you listen carefuly during the last song, you'll hear the changer swap discs while still playing.

I'm thinking it gets confused when the power is cut during a song... some kind of CD gremlin in there...

Quick Reply: CD player issue