2004 - 2008 F-150

Answer me this.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answer me this. (questions about performance on new truck)

I won't be doing any of this no time soon or ever to this truck, but what type of differance do you think these changes would make?

Electric water pump, electric fan, pulleys, tuner, exhaust and high flow air intake?

Then what if added jessel cam followers and a diffrent cam. Would a tuner be able to tune the truck with a programer?

This is just something I was wondering. Not really something I would do in the near future.

Last edited by jojones; 09-30-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:02 PM
I have thought alot about doing cams in the future, nothing drastic, but something to give a bit more power and a nice exhaust note. A custom tune would most likely be neccessary to get hte idle, etc to run perfect and to get the most performance out of the setup.

As for all the other bult on stuff, I am in the (read: slow!) process of doing them all. Right now I have ordered the full AirRaid intake, the 1714 tuner and will be doing exhaust next week hopefully. Then in the later months I want to go with JBA's headers for our trucks. Great quality parts! All the other bolt ons will be on there way as well, its just a matter of traveling down that road a ways (ie money! lol).

Doing all of the above would give a nice rounded power setup I think. With all the bolt ons and the cams and maybe some p&p heads as well as an extrude honed intake, I would think that I would have pretty close to 400fwhp and 450-475fw-lb/tq

I have seen some dynos of the truck with just intake, exhasut and tuner pulling around 350fwhp and 445fw torque so I dont see it as being out of line with the mods above.

~Colby

Old 10-01-2004, 09:18 AM
I didn't know someone already had headres out for this body style of truck! Sweet.

Like I have said in other post. I am not going to be doing anything until I decide if I want to keep this truck. It does feel like it is on the heavy side. I don't know if you noticed or not but my truck has the 4.6 in it. I was thinking that it would be great if after all of the above was done if I was able to get 300hp out of the engine.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by jojones
I don't know if you noticed or not but my truck has the 4.6 in it. I was thinking that it would be great if after all of the above was done if I was able to get 300hp out of the engine.
Not to sound like an A$$ but why diidn't you opt for the 5.4? You'll have more money in all of those mods than you would have by getting the 5.4. 300 hp out of the box.

Old 10-01-2004, 10:13 AM
No offence taken. I ask my self that same question. I'm trying not to do anything to this truck that's why I bought the 4.6. Because I knew that if I bought the 5.4 I wouldn't be able to resist my self.

Besides I think once you start getting into these engines it don't really mater if it is a 4.6 or 5.4 at a point. Only think I worry about is transmission and tuning.

Quick Reply: Answer me this.