2004 - 2008 F-150

decision on exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
decision on exhaust

I have a 2004 F-150 FX4 4X4 Flareside and I have decided on the Borla but I am having trouble deciding to go out the back or the side. Have heard that there is low or high end torque loss out the back. Don't know if that was with the Borla or something else or a different pipe diameter. Any opinions? I probably like the look out the side better but could live with out the back.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:16 PM
Flowmaster 50series checking in...

While I am no means an expert, I can't see how the direction of the final two feet of pipe have much to do with Torque loss. I went straight out the back because I feel it looks a ton better. The only caveat being how the lightning has it out the side of the body moldings is very cool.

If the two pipes are not extremely tight together I think they look really awkward coming out the sides.

Old 09-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Ive got a flareside with the Borla split rear. I have noticed absolutely no loss of torque, it is a little better than stock and sounds great to me. Some of the best money Ive spent in a while. Buy the one you like best because there is no difference in performance.

Quick Reply: decision on exhaust