2004 - 2008 F-150

Dumb question: DVD, Audiophile Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dumb question: DVD, Audiophile Manual?

I know that most features for the audiophile system is covered in the owners manual but the DVD isn't at all. For those with a DVD did you get a seperate manual? The Dealership cant find my headphones and I'm wondering if the manual is in the box with the headphones.

My kids like Spongebob ("Are you ready kids...") but I don't want to listen to that through the whole truck. Right now when I put the DVD in it plays through all the speakers and if I hit CD it shuts the DVD off.

Thanks

Jim

Old 07-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Re: Dumb question: DVD, Audiophile Manual?

Originally posted by vader716
I know that most features for the audiophile system is covered in the owners manual but the DVD isn't at all. For those with a DVD did you get a seperate manual? The Dealership cant find my headphones and I'm wondering if the manual is in the box with the headphones.

My kids like Spongebob ("Are you ready kids...") but I don't want to listen to that through the whole truck. Right now when I put the DVD in it plays through all the speakers and if I hit CD it shuts the DVD off.

Thanks

Jim
yepper the booklet is with the headphones....and BTW the phones are wireless.....
be damn sure your dealer gets you a set!!!

EDIT: as a short term "fix" you could fade to the rear speakers only while the youngin watches ole spongy boy

Old 07-20-2004, 09:50 PM
on the dvd, hit the button on the right that shows headphones. this is the single/dual mode button. when pressed the system goes into dual mode. the kids can then listen to whichever source they want through their headphone. they will be hearing the dvd, but a press of thier source button (left side i think) will allow them to toggle through fm presets, cd player, aux input etc.

meanwhile, while in this dual mode ( will say dual on your radio) you can select your cd or radio functions or dvd or aux input and hear that on your radio independently.

we went up north (translated: a weekend trip for us michiganders) and had charlottes web dvd playing on the headphones while wife and i listend to satellite radio (plugged into the dvd aux) through the speakers.

hope this helps till you get your manual.

Ramb

Old 07-21-2004, 12:17 AM
it absolutely does...thanks alot...

I figured out the rear only bit but I've got that dang spongebob song stuck in my head now....

Old 07-21-2004, 03:20 AM
We got the DVD system in my wife's 2003 Explorer...I think the kids have used it twice. I have NEVER gotten to see anything on it as I am ALWAYS driving. When we first got the Explorer, the DVD didn't have any sound on the left side. Turned out to be a loose cable. They gave us two headsets, and we had considered buying another pair for those few times that we actually have other people riding with us. As soon as we realized how seldom the thing would get used, we decided it would be a waste of money. I think those wireless headsets cost about $70 each from the dealer.

Quick Reply: Dumb question: DVD, Audiophile Manual?