2004 - 2008 F-150

Mileage Computer recalibration

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mileage Computer recalibration

Hello again all, and thanks so much for the quick responses.

Before I bought my 2004 Supercrew Lariat in May of this year, I was talking to a buddy of mine that said that you can go to the dealer and ask them to put the truck on a machine and get the latest and greatest calibrations from the factory, this recalibration is supposed to be able to help on the gas mileage, etc.

I went to my dealer this past weekend, he said he knew nothing about this, he said that I can buy one of them chips to increase horsepower, gas mileage, etc. But he knows of nothing about recalibrations from Ford.

Who is telling me the truth here, possibly I did not phrase my request clear enough to the dealership.

Thanks in advance for all your help..this is an awesome board.

Corey
2002 Ford F150 Lariat Supercrew
Black and Arizona Beige (2-tone paint)

Old 07-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like you're talking about having your PCM reflashed. It's not a guarantee for better mileage or performance. Generally, the people who are having problems in those areas notice the difference after the reflash. If your truck is functioning properly, you probably won't notice a difference.

From what I gather here, most people are getting theirs reflashed for throttle lag...you hit the gas and it almost hiccups before it goes.

Old 07-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got better gas mileage before I had a re-flash for poor throttle response, about 1 mile per gallon better.

Quick Reply: Mileage Computer recalibration