2004 - 2008 F-150

Performance Product Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Performance Product Help!!!

I need some help! I just got my 04' FX4 and I love it! What do you guys recommend as far as performance goes? I've heard exhaust, intake, throttle body spacers, chips, etc. What should I do? I would really appreciate the help! Thanks!

Old 07-19-2004, 09:47 AM
congrats on the new truck,and welcome to the site. Do yourself a search and you'll find numerous threads on this issue. Some folks prefer one thing to the other, some have tried one thing then switched out to another, It's your rig to use and abuse ( if you want ) so i say good luck on performance tweaking.. But the new exhaust would be a good first step..

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=4362

Old 07-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Stay away from the throttle body spacer. It's just an expensive paper weight. But, if you do get it, might as well get the tornado too.....lol, j/k.

I've only done the exhaust so far. I'm waiting for the intakes to come out for the 4.6. I've heard the chips or tuners will be ready in the next couple months as well.

Good luck and congrats.
TJ

Old 07-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Let's be honest, most of the mods are to change the tone of the your exhaust or impress friends looking under the hood at your new induction system. As one who has done Gibson and Magnaflow dual rear exits and K&N drop-in filters and FIPKs on previous FoMoCo trucks, IMO they're all show and no go...no improvements in mpg or performance can be demonstrated. But, since I luv the Magnaflow sound, I'll probably go that route when I can justify the $$ to replace the OEM stainless system for another system. In the meantime, I'll just continue to polish the OEM tip back to the 1st hanger.

I also luv the Snuglid SL hard tonneau on my XLT Screw...the best fit, finish, and quality on the market.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-19-2004, 11:43 AM
I do believe that a intake, exhaust, programmer and underdrive pulleys combine make a great difference. They are proven but to most you wont feel the difference by themselves unless you are strapped to a dyno. All in all these are worth it if you plan an all or nothing metality. The only one I would do by itself is the exhaust (for looks and sound purposes)

Quick Reply: Performance Product Help!!!