2004 - 2008 F-150

Audio/Video Setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio/Video Setup

I thought I'd put this all here so you guys can read everything.
--------------------
I'm working on building a mini ITX system for my truck right now. All I have in my posession is a 7"Lilliput Touch Screen LCD, it fits in the stock head unit location, but you have to remove the Airbag light at the top. I'm going to pick up my ABS plastic so I can start to make a custom mount. I'm doing this project slowly, but hopefully I'll have it done in the next few weeks, I'm waiting for payday to buy computer parts.
---------------------
I now have the program I'm going to run on my car pc, and the GPS unit purchased, I hooked them all up to my laptop and my friend and I drove around yesterday. It's going to be nice when it's done. I'm just waiting to purchase everything before I start installing, I don't want to be out my music. It also looks like we'll be mounting the PC behind the dash, and the amplifier under the passenger seat. I'm going to put a 4x200/1x200 amp in there. that's 50watts per speaker, double what the stock head unit puts out. and then remove the amp from my subs and run them to the 200w channel on the 5 channel amp. I will be mounting a DVD/CDRW drive in the dash where the Cigarette plug is, and use that plug behind the dash to power the monitor. I'll get pictures up as soon as I start doing some work.

Old 07-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Also does anyone know of a way to hook the XM Commander into my PC, the actually display I'm talking about. I think it'd be sweet to make the LCD display all the song info and stuff, it looks like it's just an SVideo connection, and I'm sure with a custom program it wouldn't be too tough, I'm glad I know some people who can write code. If anyone else knows something let me know.

Old 07-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Cool project, I am also going to be doing the same type of thing, but am waiting for the Nano-Itx board. I am looking into using an in dash LCD as well, does the Lilliput LCD have a motor to store it away in the dash like the Innovatek one ? I have also got an outdoor security camera that will fit snuggly in the hitch, should make an excellent reverse camera, just need to rig up a plug for the hitch power socket to run it.

Be interested to see the pics when you get some.

Rick.

Old 07-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by RichIngram
Cool project, I am also going to be doing the same type of thing, but am waiting for the Nano-Itx board. I am looking into using an in dash LCD as well, does the Lilliput LCD have a motor to store it away in the dash like the Innovatek one ? I have also got an outdoor security camera that will fit snuggly in the hitch, should make an excellent reverse camera, just need to rig up a plug for the hitch power socket to run it.

Be interested to see the pics when you get some.

Rick.
No, this screen will always be in the dash, I am giong to get some ABS Plastic so I can custom mold an enclosure around it. I'm hoping I can mount it flat in the hole, but I may have to put abs behind it and then mount the screen to that. It's going to be sweet though. Keep us informed on your progress as well.

Do you know when the nano boards are supposed to be coming out?

~Slim

Old 11-28-2004, 12:39 AM
This thread die? Any updates? Pics?

Old 11-28-2004, 12:39 PM
I too am waiting for an update... I'm still undecided what to do for a HU...

Old 11-28-2004, 01:23 PM
I still plan on doing this project, but I have some other things that I want to do first. I actually sold my monitor because it wasn't going to work how I wanted it, I decided I didn't always want a monitor in my dash. I also was waiting on the NANOITX boards to come out.

Trending Topics

Old 11-28-2004, 01:34 PM
I like my Kenwood HU but might consider the single DIN flip out LCD for a truck computer. Can't rem who makes it.

Quick Reply: Audio/Video Setup